Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Solaris 11.4 on ESXi 6.5 suddenly boot-looping Post 303036986 by rking267 on Friday 19th of July 2019 11:39:29 AM
Old 07-19-2019
There's an image at the bottom of the post... if needed, I can repost it as text.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping

Hi friends, I'm newbie to SVM. Just wanna try installed it on one of our server (to do mirroring for disk0 and disk1) but i think im lost until now. :( the steps i've taken is as below:- 1.prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2 2.metadb -a -c 3 -f c1t0d0s7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kronenose
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Frequent crashes in ESXi virtual Solaris machine

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this crash? This an x86 virtual machine I have running in ESXi at my house, so obviously no way to send the data to Oracle for analysis. Just curious if anyone has any ideas. I suspect motherboard problems with the x86 hardware, as I already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
4 Replies

5. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Esxi INTEL cpu vs esxi AMD cpu

Hi i have 2 esxi. one is amd based cpu and the other is intel based cpu. i have a redhat linux machine that was created in amd cpu esxi, now i need to migrate it (powered off) to INTEL based esxi. will the redhat machine will be OK with that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Filesystem become read only suddenly

Hi, i just started few days ago to face the problem when the whole system is getting freeze. By freeze i mean: * server is reachable (via network) * i cannot connect to server via SSH or Telnet(when try to use SSH or telnet it will find server, try to connect, but it freeze after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankosun
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies

9. Solaris

It is possible to install Solaris Cluster on ESXI host ?

I try many time to install and configure Solaris Cluster on ESXI, but i received the same transport error between. When i set manuel private (net1,net2) ip config i have ping between nodes. --node1 net0 - public net1 - private net2 - private --node2 net0 - public net1 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies