Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xls file generation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xls file generation Post 303036963 by bmk123 on Friday 19th of July 2019 03:23:17 AM
Old 07-19-2019
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the csv file into different worksheets of xls file

Hi, I have a script which will generate three csv files. i want to copy the contents of these csv files into a .XLS file but in different worksheets. Can a this be done in the same script? :confused: Can Perl come to my help in coping the csv files into different worksheets of .XLS file ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimish
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

From xls to csv file

Can we convert an xls file into csv format in Unix Thanks Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming xls file

I am trying to move and rename an excel file by appending date to it but i am not getting the desired result mv SrcFiles/Sales.xls SrcFiles/SG_Archive/Sales_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.xls result:- Sales_Ym63HM desired result - Sales_200710171323.xls (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Merge Two .xls files side by side into a single .xls

Hi all, please help me out in below requirement. I have two .xls files say abc.xls and bbc.xls , i want to merge these two files into a single file ..say xyz.xls side by side Ex: abc.xls Eno Ename 101 hello 102 hero 103 india bbc.xls Eno Ename 201 delhi 202 Hyd 203... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish99
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Merge Two .xls files side by side into a single .xls

Hi all, please help me out in below requirement. I have two .xls files say abc.xls and bbc.xls , i want to merge these two files into a single file ..say xyz.xls side by side Ex: abc.xls bbc.xls Eno Ename Eno Ename 101 hello ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting .csv file into .xls file and send it to inbox

Hi All, I wrote a script to extract data from Oracle DB and place it in a text file , and I have coverted .txt file into comma seperated .csv file and I sent it to my mail box . I can get .xls file in my inbox.I am getting all data in same column and in different rows , without column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krthkmuthu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Multiple XLS into Different tabs in xls/ xlsx

HI, I have multiple files per dept in folder for eg : In a folder File1_Dept100.xls File2_Dept100.xls File3_Dept100.xls File1_Dept200.xls File2_Dept200.xls File3_Dept200.xls Output should be : Dept100.xls which has File1, File2, File3 in different tabs Dept200.xls which has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkyzrocks
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies
py_xls2html(1)						      General Commands Manual						    py_xls2html(1)

NAME
py_xls2html - convert an Excel xls file to a html formatted file SYNOPSIS
py_xls2html input-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. py_xls2html takes an Excel xls file as an argument and converts it to a html formatted file. Output is sent to stdout. Additional utility scripts can be found in the tools/ directory. OPTIONS
This program does not take any command line options. AUTHOR
pyexcelerator and py_xls2html were written by Roman V. Kiseliov <roman@kiseliov.ru>. This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SEE-ALSO pyexcelerator(1), py_xls2txt(1), py_xls2csv(1) October 12, 2006 py_xls2html(1)