Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I'm having trouble understanding what it is I need to do Post 303036960 by vbe on Friday 19th of July 2019 01:14:57 AM
Old 07-19-2019
Greetings and welcome,
In order to give you a useful answer, we need to understand your aim, and know a bit more about your system: Architecture (processor: SPARC, PA-RISC, INTEL, X86...) the Operating system you are using and its version,. and if writing code in shell script the shell you are using
I dont think there is a way to cash out bits ( unless I misunderstood...) the idea is more with bits you can acquire custom functionalities this site offers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help understanding mv

I just started shell coding and I'm a bit confused on how 'mv' works can someone explain to me how it works and if i did this correctly. Thanks. echo "Enter Name of the first file:" read file1 #echo $file1 if ; then echo "Sorry, file does not exist." exit 1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: taiL
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding {%/*}/

Hi Gurus: I am trying to understand the following line of code.I did enough of googling to understand but no luck.Please help me understand the follow chunk of code: X=$0 MOD=${X%/*}/env.ksh X is the current script from which I am trying to execute. Say if X=test.ksh $MOD is echoing :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemana
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having trouble understanding this command: >foo<bar bc

Sometimes it works for me and sometimes I get this error: syntax error on line 1, teletype Basically I've got no idea whats going on, especially at the end of the command: bc Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
1 Replies

6. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble understanding file option and command line arguments

Hi, I am creating a program with the C language that simulates the WC command in Unix. My program needs to count lines, bytes and words. I have not added the code to count bytes and words yet. I am having trouble understanding what the file option/flag '-' does. I can not visualize how it moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help in understanding this

Hi, I found this in a script and I would like to know how this works Code is here: # var1=PART1_PART2 # var2=${var1##*_} # echo $var2 PART2 I'm wondering how ##* makes the Shell to understand to pick up the last value from the given. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble understanding shell scripting (mostly wsname)

Am still learning Scripting and I come across a build command that I don't really understand if /local/bin/wsname 2>/dev/null; then base="`/local/bin/wsname`" export base fi if ; then /local/bin/wsname exit 1 fi WSNAME="$base"/ can some one in light me to what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
1 Replies
pt::peg::container::peg(n)					   Parser Tools 					pt::peg::container::peg(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pt::peg::container::peg - PEG Storage. Canned PEG grammar specification SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.5 package require snit package require pt::peg::container::peg ?1? package require pt::peg::container _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Are you lost ? Do you have trouble understanding this document ? In that case please read the overview provided by the Introduction to Parser Tools. This document is the entrypoint to the whole system the current package is a part of. This package provides a sub-type of pt::peg::container which is preloaded with a parsing expression grammar describing a textual format for parsing expression grammars. The sub-type provides the exact same API as pt::peg::container. Instead of duplicating its contents the reader is asked to read the refer- enced document. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category pt of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
EBNF, LL(k), PEG, TDPL, context-free languages, expression, grammar, matching, parser, parsing expression, parsing expression grammar, push down automaton, recursive descent, state, top-down parsing languages, transducer CATEGORY
Parsing and Grammars COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> pt 1 pt::peg::container::peg(n)