Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I'm having trouble understanding what it is I need to do Post 303036958 by C-lo on Thursday 18th of July 2019 11:50:24 PM
Old 07-19-2019
I'm having trouble understanding what it is I need to do

Ok, thank you. Again I'm new to the programming thing, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly it is I need to do. How would I cash out bits? Numerous questions. I'm a dreamer. AI attempts to communicate with me regularly especially through unfinished apps that I'm assuming is my responsibility to finish coding. I really need some help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

The trouble with...

Welcome to "The trouble with...." with your host, ZazzyBob. Todays offering - "The trouble with letting other people host your website" I use a certain web hosting service, who shall of course remain nameless here. They are running PHP 4.3.10 I decide to write a script to test their PHP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help understanding mv

I just started shell coding and I'm a bit confused on how 'mv' works can someone explain to me how it works and if i did this correctly. Thanks. echo "Enter Name of the first file:" read file1 #echo $file1 if ; then echo "Sorry, file does not exist." exit 1 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: taiL
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

understanding {%/*}/

Hi Gurus: I am trying to understand the following line of code.I did enough of googling to understand but no luck.Please help me understand the follow chunk of code: X=$0 MOD=${X%/*}/env.ksh X is the current script from which I am trying to execute. Say if X=test.ksh $MOD is echoing :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemana
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having trouble understanding this command: >foo<bar bc

Sometimes it works for me and sometimes I get this error: syntax error on line 1, teletype Basically I've got no idea whats going on, especially at the end of the command: bc Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
1 Replies

6. Programming

Trouble with C

Hey, i am having a problem First, i know java well and i have used C++ on occasion so i thought i would be able to deal with a class where they program in C. unfortunately i have hit some speed bumps that i am having problems. Here is my problem: I have a structure cache_t in the sample... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephoid
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble understanding file option and command line arguments

Hi, I am creating a program with the C language that simulates the WC command in Unix. My program needs to count lines, bytes and words. I have not added the code to count bytes and words yet. I am having trouble understanding what the file option/flag '-' does. I can not visualize how it moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help in understanding this

Hi, I found this in a script and I would like to know how this works Code is here: # var1=PART1_PART2 # var2=${var1##*_} # echo $var2 PART2 I'm wondering how ##* makes the Shell to understand to pick up the last value from the given. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble understanding shell scripting (mostly wsname)

Am still learning Scripting and I come across a build command that I don't really understand if /local/bin/wsname 2>/dev/null; then base="`/local/bin/wsname`" export base fi if ; then /local/bin/wsname exit 1 fi WSNAME="$base"/ can some one in light me to what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
1 Replies
Bio::Map::GeneRelative(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Bio::Map::GeneRelative(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Map::GeneRelative - Represents being relative to named sub-regions of a gene. SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Map::GeneRelative; # say that a somthing will have a position relative to the start of the # gene on map my $rel = Bio::Map::GeneRelative->new(-gene => 0); # or that something will be relative to the third transcript of a gene # on a map $rel = Bio::Map::GeneRelative->new(-transcript => 3); # or to the 5th intron of the default transcript $rel = Bio::Map::GeneRelative->new(-intron => [0, 5]); # use the $rel as normal; see L<Bio::Map::Relative> DESCRIPTION
Be able to say that a given position is relative to some standard part of a gene. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Sendu Bala Email bix@sendu.me.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $relative = Bio::Map::Relative->new(); Function: Build a new Bio::Map::Relative object. Returns : Bio::Map::Relative object Args : -gene => int : coordinates are relative to the int'th base downstream of the Position's map's gene [default is gene => 0, ie. relative to the start of the gene], -transcript => int : or relative to the start of the int'th transcript of the Position's map's gene, -exon => [i, n] : or relative to the start of the n'th transcript's i'th exon, -intron => [i, n] : or intron, -coding => int : or the start of the int'th transcript's coding region. -description => string : Free text description of what this relative describes (To say a Position is relative to something and upstream of it, the Position's start() co-ordinate should be set negative) In all cases, a transcript number of 0 means the active transcript. absolute_conversion Title : absolute_conversion Usage : my $absolute_coord = $relative->absolute_conversion($pos); Function: Convert the start co-ordinate of the supplied position into a number relative to the start of its map. Returns : scalar number Args : Bio::Map::PositionI object type Title : type Usage : my $type = $relative->type(); Function: Get the type of thing we are relative to. The types correspond to a method name, so the value of what we are relative to can subsequently be found by $value = $relative->$type; Note that type is set by the last method that was set, or during new(). Returns : 'gene', 'transcript', 'exon', 'intron' or 'coding' Args : none gene Title : gene Usage : my $int = $relative->gene(); $relative->gene($int); Function: Get/set the distance from the start of the gene that the Position's co-ordiantes are relative to. Returns : int Args : none to get, OR int to set; a value of 0 means relative to the start of the gene. transcript Title : transcript Usage : my $int = $relative->transcript(); $relative->transcript($int); Function: Get/set which transcript of the Position's map's gene the Position's co-ordinates are relative to. Returns : int Args : none to get, OR int to set; a value of 0 means the active (default) transcript. exon Title : exon Usage : my ($exon_number, $transcript_number) = @{$relative->exon()}; $relative->exon($exon_number, $transcript_number); Function: Get/set which exon of which transcript of the Position's map's gene the Position's co-ordinates are relative to. Returns : reference to list with two ints, exon number and transcript number Args : none to get, OR int (exon number) AND int (transcript number) to set. The second int is optional and defaults to 0 (meaning default/active transcript). intron Title : intron Usage : my ($intron_number, $transcript_number) = @{$relative->intron()}; $relative->intron($intron_number, $transcript_number); Function: Get/set which intron of which transcript of the Position's map's gene the Position's co-ordinates are relative to. Returns : reference to list with two ints, intron number and transcript number Args : none to get, OR int (intron number) AND int (transcript number) to set. The second int is optional and defaults to 0 (meaning default/active transcript). coding Title : coding Usage : my $transcript_number = $relative->coding; $relative->coding($transcript_number); Function: Get/set which transcript's coding region of the Position's map's gene the Position's co-ordinates are relative to. Returns : int Args : none to get, OR int to set (the transcript number, see transcript()) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Map::GeneRelative(3pm)