Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting Applications With X
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Starting Applications With X Post 303036896 by Azrael on Tuesday 16th of July 2019 11:20:48 AM
Old 07-16-2019
Just trying to run it as a window manager. Like openbox. I know those aren't the same, but openbox was the closest I know as neither are desktops. I guess that's client mode?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X applications

I am an Oracle DBA who has previously worked only on NT machines. I need to install Oracle on an AIX box. This Unix server has only a CRT monitor. The Oracle installation REQUIRES a graphical means of seeing the Unix machine. I've been told that I should telnet from a PC that can display X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrax
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Publishing X applications

Hi all, I have some UNIX servers (all flavor to be honest: SOLARIS, AIX, HP-UX) running some applications. I would like to publish these applications to remote client mainly running Windows XP. I know i can remotely access the desktop thanks to Cygwin,Hummingbird EXCEED... But I don't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Platinium
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

transiest applications

i have to write a script that which would send mails For all the transient apps 1. How many apps are running 2. Since when is the app running plz help me in this............... plz help me, its urgent,................. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Usernames across Applications

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there was a way to make it so that usernames could be used across applications. For instance, I have a server that has a bunch of users. I want these users to have ways of accessing my database as well as a variety of other programs, but I don't want them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzofish
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with applications

Hi, I am developing a script that invokes a program, and that program is going to prompt for some input every now and then based on some parameters. My script shall provide input to the program, automatically, by processing the text output by the program.. say.. when the program asks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: icecoldaswin
3 Replies

6. Linux

Portable Applications

Hello Im stuck with a project on converting existing applications in to their portable versions, What i mean is that i want an application to run on a Linux OS without the need of actually installing the application on that machine. My preffered OS is fedora as it is used on most machines in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: engineeringme
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Applications

Hi Experts, Can anyone suggest me kindly, whether designing some small GUI applications are possible in shell scripting..... Like a small calculator kind of stuff....... I fit is possible guide me with some examples. Thanks, Newbie....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
OBXPROP(1)						      General Commands Manual							OBXPROP(1)

NAME
openbox -- A minimalistic, highly configurable, next generation window manager with extensive standards support. SYNOPSIS
openbox [--help] [--display DISPLAY] [--id ID] [--root] [--] [PROPERTY ...] DESCRIPTION
obxprop is a tool for displaying the properties on an x window. This tool has a similar functionality to xprop, but obxprop allows you to see UTF-8 strings as text. You may use the --id option to specify a window identifier, otherwise obxprop will allow you to select a window by clicking on it. Primarily, this tool exists for Openbox users to see the value of the _OB_APP_NAME, _OB_APP_CLASS, _OB_APP_ROLE, and _OB_APP_TYPE proper- ties, which Openbox uses for matching windows against user-defined application rules. OPTIONS
These are the possible options that openbox accepts: --help Show a summary of the options available. --display DISPLAY Specify the X display to use. --id ID Specify the window identifier for the window whose properties will be displayed. Similar to xprop, you may pass one or more property names to have openbox limit its output to only the properties requested. SEE ALSO
openbox (1), openbox-session(1), openbox-gnome-session(1), openbox-kde-session(1). Please report bugs to: http://bugzilla.icculus.org/ OBXPROP(1)