Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract a column and multiple by 1000 and replace it on same file Post 303036875 by RudiC on Monday 15th of July 2019 01:45:42 PM
Old 07-15-2019
Try also
Code:
awk '
    {print substr($0,1,8) substr (sprintf ("%d", substr($0, 9, 6) "000"), 1, 6) substr($0,15)
    }
' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract many lines from a file, typically the 1000 last

Hello! Is it anyone who might know how to extract the n last lines from a file, typically the 1000 last? Until know I have used sed -n np filename, but it takes each line separately, and is hence very time consuming. Thank you in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingkong
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2

Match column 3 in file1 to column 1 in file 2 and replace with column 2 from file2 file 1 sample SNDK 80004C101 AT XLNX 983919101 BB NETL 64118B100 BS AMD 007903107 CC KLAC 482480100 DC TER 880770102 KATS ATHR 04743P108 KATS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydz00
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace column that matches specific pattern, with column data from another file

Can anyone please help with this? I have 2 files as given below. If 2nd column of file1 has pattern foo1@a, find the matching 1st column in file2 & replace 2nd column of file1 with file2's value. file1 abc_1 foo1@a .... abc_1 soo2@a ... def_2 soo2@a .... def_2 foo1@a ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashali
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Multiple Replace In Column From Two Different Files

Master_1.txt 2372,MTS,AP 919821,Airtel,DL 0819,MTS,MUM 919849788001,Airtel,AP 1430,Aircel MP,20 405899143999999,MTS,KRL USSDLIKE,MTS,DEL Master_2.txt 919136,DL 9664,RAJ 919143,KOL 9888,PUN Input File: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace multiple patterns in a particular column only - efficient script

Hi Bigshots, I have a pattern file with two columns. I have another data file. If column 1 in the pattern file appears as the 4th column in the data file, I need to replace it (4th column of data file) with column 2 of the pattern file. If the pattern is found in any other column, it should not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace multiple column in one go

Hi, I want to replace the value in more than one column. For one column ,following command is working - sed 's/./$value_to_replace/$column number' file_name e.g. suppose this is input 1111000000 command - sed 's/./M/5' output= 1111M000000 For two column also command is like - cat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get extract and replace column with link in a column where it exists

hi i have sample data a,b,c,d,e,g h http://mysite.xyx z,b,d,f,e,s t http://123124# a,b,c,i,m,nothing d,i,j,e,w,nothing output expected is a,b,c,d,e,http://mysite.xyx z,b,d,f,e,http://123124# a,b,c,i,m,nothing d,i,j,e,w,nothing i can get only links using grep -o 'http.*' i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zozoo
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)