Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VPN issue on Linux:
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers VPN issue on Linux: Post 303036781 by ericaustin on Thursday 11th of July 2019 03:51:14 AM
Old 07-11-2019
Hello bakunin,

Thank you so much, I have forgot the permission rights issue, and have been finding other way in these guides Linux VPN Setup Guide by PureVPN , How to Setup and Install VPN on Linux - (Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora) provided by my VPN provider for VPN errors but the main issue was, I was not doing it as a root user. Thanks again.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

VPN client for linux?...

I'm looking for an open source VPN client that I can set up on RedHat 7.1. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. VJ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows/Linux VPN

I was wondering whether any of you have any idea what VPN server software out there will be able to connect *SEAMLESSLY* to a Windows 2000/XP client? In order for this to really work, I need it to work "out of the box" i.e. no additional software to install on the Windows 2k side of it all. I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerberusofhnsg
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

VPN Issue

Hi all I wish to connect to my works network via a vpn which they have setup. the only trouble is it is more windows friendly than unix. By this I mean connecting via windows everything is automatically setup (routes etc) - not so with linux. I am a relative newbie with respect to vpn routing so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
0 Replies

4. Debian

VPN over Linux box.

Hi, I've installed Linux fedora 3 on my machine and I want to develop the VPN server on Linux. I've several machines which access the linux box as gateway for net and mail usage. The Webmin cp is installed on it. Now I want a external windows based machine connect to my internal windows server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin_think
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Rdesktop - From Linux to Windows in VPN

Hi Gurus, I have a Linux server in a Private Network which i connect through a VPN client. This Linux server is the only server from which we have access to all other servers(Windows & Linux) in the Private Network(hitherto referred as PN). Now i want to RDP into one of the Windows boxes in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

OS X & VPN DNS Issue

I'll try and be brief and detailed. I have a Macbook Pro Retina running Mavericks. When on my network at the office (work) everything local works just fine. Local servers are resolved through our internal DNS settings. For example, we have a fileserver at "fs01". I can connect to it with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbhardman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Best VPN for Linux Mint - XBOX and torrenting purpose??

In spite of the fact that I've been utilizing Linux Mint for quite a long while. I see myself as an amateur with regards to VPN. I've googled different variants of the inquiry. kindly give me some suggestion which are best fit for linux OS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susanjohn1
1 Replies
L2tpIPsecVpn(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   L2tpIPsecVpn(1)

NAME
L2tpIPsecVpn - L2tp over IPsec VPN Manager applet for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
L2tpIPsecVpn [options] DESCRIPTION
This GUI is not a network manager plugin. However, it provides a systray icon in the indicator applet from which a non privileged user can establish and bring down L2TP over IPsec VPN connections. From there the user can add, remove and edit vpn connections. Editing allows configuring various options for IPsec, L2TP and PPP. Among others, the user can configure eg. the gateway, the use of either PSK or a certificate for authentication, various L2TP options as redial- timeout and attempts and of course all important PPP options. It also allows you to configure PPP for tunnel splitting because you can add routes as you want. When applying your settings, all necessary configuration files are written accordingly (ipsec.conf, xl2tp.conf, options.xl2tpd, opensc.conf up and down scripts ...). It relies on Openswan and xl2tp packages as the underlying protocol handlers. You can also use certificates on your local machine or, if e.g. OpenSC is installed and configured, even on a smart card to handle PPP authentication. The GUI automatically detects when network interfaces are going up or down and can (if so configured) automatically establish or close VPN connections. OPTIONS
startConnectionEditor Starts the connection editor dialog. applySettings Write configuration files according to the connection settings, must be started with root privileges, ie use gksudo as non root user. deleteAllConfFiles Delete all configuration files, must be started with root privileges, ie use gksudo as non root user. AUTHORS
Werner Jaeger version 1.0.9 11 Oct 2012 L2tpIPsecVpn(1)