Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Replace characters after match Post 303036763 by RudiC on Wednesday 10th of July 2019 04:14:52 PM
Old 07-10-2019
Try (untested)

Code:
awk '{gsub ("/", "-", $NF)} 1' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression to match repeated characters

Hello All I have file which contain sample data like below - test.txt ---------------------------------------------- jambesh aaa india trxxx sdasd mentor asss light train bbblah --------------------------------------------- I want to write a regX which would print only those... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace characters with random characters

I've got a file (numbers.txt) filled with numbers and I want to replace each one of those numbers with a new random number between 0 and 9. This is my script so far: #!/bin/bash rand=$(($RANDOM % 9)) sed -i s//$rand/g numbers.txtThe problem that I have is that it replaces each number with just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellocatfood
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out match characters on all lines

I have a file with 22 lines. Each line has only 5 different chars, no white space, and each line is 3,278,824 in length. The 5 chars is "-", "A", "B", "C", "D". Below is an example of the first 25 chars of the first four lines of the file. -----ABCDA--CD-BBBBB----D --A--ABCD--DCD-BBBBC-----... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwzkevin
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display/Cut the characters based on match

I have input file like this update tablename set column1='ABC',column2='BBC' where columnx=1 and columny=100 and columnz='10000001' update tablename set column1='ABC',column2='BBC',column3='CBC' where columnx=1 and columny=100 and columnz='10000002' update tablename set column1='ABC' where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract next n characters after a match is found?

Hi, I want to extract the next 7 characters after I encounter the first ( in the code eg abc123=(xvn1342) xyz678123=(ret8901) I want to extract xvn1342,ret8901. Please advise how to achieve this with awk, if possible? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk match shell variable that contains special characters?

How to match a shell variable that contains parenthesis (and other special characters like "!") file.txt contains: Charles Dickens Matthew Lewis (writer) name="Matthew Lewis (writer)"; awk -v na="$name" ' $0 ~ na' file.txt Ideally this would match $name in file.txt (in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mid Ocean
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inserting n characters to beginning of line if match

I would like to insert n number of characters at the beginning of each line that starts with a given character. If possible, I would be most appreciative for a sed or awk solution. Given the data below, I would like to be able to insert either 125 spaces or 125 "-" at the beginning of every line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)