Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Knowing the boot files
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Knowing the boot files Post 303036717 by anaigini45 on Tuesday 9th of July 2019 03:57:20 AM
Old 07-09-2019
Knowing the boot files

Hi,

I have experienced a situation whereby after rebooting the server, we were not able to bring it up.
After further troubleshooting it was found that it was an issue with the "boot" image/file permission.
Have you experienced such an issue?

I was not the one who did the troubleshooting and the team that resolved the issue did not properly provide a report on
which were the boot files/images with the permission issue. Thus I do not know the name of the file.
Will you be able to provide the possibilities of the boot files that was affected?

The Operating System is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL 5) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL 6)

Last edited by anaigini45; 07-09-2019 at 05:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem knowing disk space

i am a fresh person learning sco open server 5.5:confused: how should i know that how much space is occupied & how much is free on a particular partition?please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knowing installed software versions

Hello, Is there any command or something to know the versions of the softwares installed ? Similar to the registry in Windows, is there anything in Unix ...? We are shifting our server to other one ... so we need to install the same versions on other server also .. Please advice, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
3 Replies

3. AIX

Knowing when is the user id expiring

HI, Do we have a command in AIX which will let us know when is the user id password getting expired!! Any advice will be of great help!! Thanks, Siddharth (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhhuu
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

knowing progress while reading a file

Hi, I am parsing a very big file say 10 MB. It 'll take more than an hour ..I want to know the progress say in % .Is there any way to do that??? or (Is there any way to know which line of the file I am in ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename file knowing the first 7 carachters

Hi, people. I need some help with this: i have this file " PROVEDP_???_yyyymmdd " , and i want to rename to this " IN_PROV_yyyy???.dat " . The " ??? " is the Month , but the file could be created on April, but the name coulb be March, for example.So i need to grab the 3 caracters ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Knowing global zone

Hi All, I was asked these question long time back, Is there any way to know frm non-global zone to know which is the global zone it belongs? As per my knowledge there is no way and i have looked for these topic for a quite a while and researched on it .I just want to be sure if i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Knowing whether the file has completely SFTP ed

Hi.. Can Anyone out there help me? I need to write a script to convert a file in EDCIDC format to CSV The files will be transfered through sftp to the box. Is there a way to check the file has finished being transfered or still transfering. so that my conversion task will be performed after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramukandada
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Knowing the user who is executing my script

Hi, is there any way? I thot of id but it doesnt work quite well :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knowing when a different program modifies a file

so i was testing something on a test box running linux. i manually vi'ed the /var/log/messages file. and i noticed, the file immediately stopped being updated. it wasn't until i restarted the syslog process that events started being recorded in it again. so that tells me, the syslog process... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

As knowing which version has the awk?

friends How do I know which version of awk using my linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
2 Replies
subscription-manager-gui(8)				       Subscription Manager				       subscription-manager-gui(8)

NAME
subscription-manager-gui - Launches the UI client of the Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
subscription-manager-gui [--register] DESCRIPTION
subscription-manager-gui opens the local client tool to manage subscriptions and installed products on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The same tasks that can be performed by invoking subscription-manager can be performed in the GUI, including registering systems with a subscription management service, applying and removing subscriptions, and viewing the subscription status of installed products. The Subscription Manager UI can also be opened by selecting the Red Hat Subscription Manager item from the Applications > System Tools menu in RHEL 5.x or the System > Administration menu in RHEL 6.x. OPTIONS
--register If a system has not yet been registered, then the GUI registration page can be opened immediately, as the Subscription Manager GUI comes up. This is only relevant for unregistered systems; if this is used after a system is registered, the option is ignored. REFERENCES
For procedures and tasks that can be performed in the Subscription Manager UI, check the Gnome help files (by pressing <F1>) or refer to the RHEL Subscription Management Guide at <https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Subscription_Management/1.0/html/Sub- scription_Management_Guide/index.html>. ASSOCIATED FILES
* /usr/sbin/subscription-manager-gui * /usr/sbin/subscription-manager * /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf BUGS
This client is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this client, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.2 December 18, 2012 subscription-manager-gui(8)