Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to create custom options of my own in systemctl Linux? Post 303036679 by Neo on Sunday 7th of July 2019 11:03:50 PM
Old 07-08-2019
I think the place to look is in the systemd architecture if you want to enhance or modify systemctl.

Everything is possible, you just need to decide where in the architecture to make your desired changes.

Try looking into systemd and then decide where to approach this problem, for example (sorry, I'm running out the door an don't have the time to do more research into this today):

Understanding and Using Systemd | Linux.com | The source for Linux information
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to create custom fortunes.dat

How do I create my own custom fortunes.dat on aix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: techuser
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a custom GUI

In Unix, is there any way in which I can create a GUI like Realplayer? I mean the Windows Look & Feel. Borded with buttons, windows, dialogs and other predefined widgets, I am wondering how to create my own buttons that come in different shapes and fashions or even draw images/control objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirosima
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Create a custom CD boot

I'm doing as the official document of the SUN : www.sun.com/blueprints/1205/819-3731.pdf Who on page 15 / 18, asks to be executed the following command: 3.Combine mboot and pboot into a single file called mboot+pboot.cd. # dd if=/dev/dsk/c1t1d0p0 of=mboot+pboot.cd bs=512 count=2 I try... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
6 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios widgets to create custom GUI

Hi, I need to create a custom GUI for Nagios, as follows: - no logo - including monitoring info (network status overview, host/service details & status) as well as some network google map I'm looking for Nagios widgets that can be easily integrated in our HTML page. Can you suggest if there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHK
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating a Custom ISO with Options

Here is the scenario: At work I have been ask to create a custom ISO using UBUNTU as the chosen distro, install our prerequisted packages and present the customer with a choice of options of enabling and disabling services and just in general custom choices that I want to present to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a TAR File in a Custom Destination Directory?

I want to create the tarzip file into a destination directory, i am in /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory and i am using below command. However it is creating the file in the /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory itself instead of /tmp, may i please know how do i resolve this. tar -cvzf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-debug-generator					SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-debug-generator - Generator for enabling a runtime debug shell and masking specific units at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-debug-generator is a generator that reads the kernel command line and understands three options: If the systemd.mask= option is specified and followed by a unit name, this unit is masked for the runtime, similar to the effect of systemctl(1)'s mask command. This is useful to boot with certain units removed from the initial boot transaction for debugging system startup. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.wants= option is specified and followed by a unit name, a start job for this unit is added to the initial transaction. This is useful to start one or more additional units at boot. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.debug_shell option is specified, the debug shell service "debug-shell.service" is pulled into the boot transaction. It will spawn a debug shell on tty9 during early system startup. Note that the shell may also be turned on persistently by enabling it with systemctl(1)'s enable command. systemd-debug-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)