Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to create custom options of my own in systemctl Linux? Post 303036673 by Peasant on Sunday 7th of July 2019 01:10:53 PM
Old 07-07-2019
I do not think init system is a place for such application features.
You can customize execution of code on those actions but .. your application should implement socket / network / database interface to add functionality or operation during runtime ?

Do you require a daemon type application doing stuff generally and occasionally execute some other code path on user input ?

Regards
Peasant.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to create custom fortunes.dat

How do I create my own custom fortunes.dat on aix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: techuser
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a custom GUI

In Unix, is there any way in which I can create a GUI like Realplayer? I mean the Windows Look & Feel. Borded with buttons, windows, dialogs and other predefined widgets, I am wondering how to create my own buttons that come in different shapes and fashions or even draw images/control objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirosima
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Create a custom CD boot

I'm doing as the official document of the SUN : www.sun.com/blueprints/1205/819-3731.pdf Who on page 15 / 18, asks to be executed the following command: 3.Combine mboot and pboot into a single file called mboot+pboot.cd. # dd if=/dev/dsk/c1t1d0p0 of=mboot+pboot.cd bs=512 count=2 I try... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
6 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios widgets to create custom GUI

Hi, I need to create a custom GUI for Nagios, as follows: - no logo - including monitoring info (network status overview, host/service details & status) as well as some network google map I'm looking for Nagios widgets that can be easily integrated in our HTML page. Can you suggest if there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CHK
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating a Custom ISO with Options

Here is the scenario: At work I have been ask to create a custom ISO using UBUNTU as the chosen distro, install our prerequisted packages and present the customer with a choice of options of enabling and disabling services and just in general custom choices that I want to present to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a TAR File in a Custom Destination Directory?

I want to create the tarzip file into a destination directory, i am in /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory and i am using below command. However it is creating the file in the /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory itself instead of /tmp, may i please know how do i resolve this. tar -cvzf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies