Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cpu information
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cpu information Post 303036665 by RudiC on Sunday 7th of July 2019 05:42:49 AM
Old 07-07-2019
Depends on what "cpu and ram information" you want to show. For Linux type OSes, there are, amongst others,
Code:
lshw (-c class)
lscpu
lsmem
dmidecode (--type)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU Usage Information

how would I list the high end of CPU utilization for the previous hours of the day. I don't need to know the averages. I'm wanting to know the high and low, etc. for what ever time interval that is avaliable? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

2. Solaris

FRU information for the CP3060 CPU

Hi I need CPU fru information for the CP3060. I know that the CPU's are on the board and board info can be obtained with the command clia board. COuld anyone tell me how i can get the CPU's FRU info from this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk2339
1 Replies

3. Programming

C++ application: how to access AIX process and cpu information?

Hi, may be this is an AIX noob question: my current C++ application runs on Linux and is quite memory consuming. Therefore, the application writes a logfile after it has finished containing memory information, CPU information, information on the running other processes besides my application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarthVader77
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Number of CPU and Memory information in SunOS server?

I have SunOS and here is the version details SunOS chfdalsun003 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 I have couple of questions. How do i see number of CPU's in the server? How can i see the Server memory(RAM)? The detail memory information like(total, used, free etc).... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
6 Replies

6. AIX

Finding cpu information on vio client

Hi, I am having single p series blade with Single Physcial CPU with dual core, on that vio server is installed, I have created vio client allocate 0.9 each cpu , now when I am running prtconf command on vio client it is showing "2" no of processor, My query using which command it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 5.10 CPU Information With Timestamp

Hi, In Solaris 5.10, can I run a command or a small script that will output CPU% user, system, wait and idle (The output from iostat or vmstat) along with a date/timestamp. The date/timestamp can be in any format that is easy to understand. I intend to use crontab to call the script once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QZ1
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Core and cpu information of HP-UX machine

Hi All, i am trying to retrive below information from any hp-ux machine (physical & virtual both): 1.Processor Total Count: 2.Processor Core Count: 3.Processor type: 4.number of physical processors: 5 number of virtual processors: i am trying to use command 'print_manifest' as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU and Cores information

Hi all. I have a question about linux command to find number of CPU and Core. I usually use the command dmidecode -t processor to find cpu and core numbers . On this machine with Red Hat 4. 0 when I try to insert the command is returned the error -bash: dmidecode: command not found I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piccolinomax
8 Replies
LSHW(1) 																   LSHW(1)

NAME
lshw - list hardware SYNOPSIS
lshw [ -version ] lshw [ -help ] lshw [ -X ] lshw [ [ -html ] [ -short ] [ -xml ] [ -json ] [ -businfo ] ] [ -dump filename ] [ -class class... ] [ -disable test... ] [ -enable test... ] [ -sanitize ] [ -numeric ] [ -quiet ] DESCRIPTION
lshw is a small tool to extract detailed information on the hardware configuration of the machine. It can report exact memory configura- tion, firmware version, mainboard configuration, CPU version and speed, cache configuration, bus speed, etc. on DMI-capable x86 or IA-64 systems and on some PowerPC machines (PowerMac G4 is known to work). It currently supports DMI (x86 and IA-64 only), OpenFirmware device tree (PowerPC only), PCI/AGP, CPUID (x86), IDE/ATA/ATAPI, PCMCIA (only tested on x86), SCSI and USB. -version Displays the version of lshw and exits. -help Displays the available command line options and quits. -X Launch the X11 GUI (if available). -html Outputs the device tree as an HTML page. -xml Outputs the device tree as an XML tree. -json Outputs the device tree as a JSON object (JavaScript Object Notation). -short Outputs the device tree showing hardware paths, very much like the output of HP-UX's ioscan. -businfo Outputs the device list showing bus information, detailing SCSI, USB, IDE and PCI addresses. -dump filename Dump collected information into a file (SQLite database). -class class Only show the given class of hardware. class can be found using lshw -short or lshw -businfo. -C class Alias for -class class. -enable test -disable test Enables or disables a test. test can be dmi (for DMI/SMBIOS extensions), device-tree (for OpenFirmware device tree), spd (for memory Serial Presence Detect), memory (for memory-size guessing heuristics), cpuinfo (for kernel-reported CPU detection), cpuid (for CPU detection), pci (for PCI/AGP access), isapnp (for ISA PnP extensions), pcmcia (for PCMCIA/PCCARD), ide (for IDE/ATAPI), usb (for USB devices),scsi (for SCSI) or network (for network interfaces detection). -quiet Don't display status. -sanitize Remove potentially sensitive information from output (IP addresses, serial numbers, etc.). -numeric Also display numeric IDs (for PCI and USB devices). BUGS
lshw currently does not detect Firewire(IEEE1394) devices. Not all architectures supported by GNU/Linux are fully supported (e.g. CPU detection). "Virtual" SCSI interfaces used for SCSI emulation over IDE are not reported correctly yet. NOTES
lshw must be run as super user or it will only report partial information. FILES
/usr/local/share/pci.ids /usr/share/pci.ids /etc/pci.ids /usr/share/hwdata/pci.ids A list of all known PCI ID's (vendors, devices, classes and subclasses). /proc/bus/pci/* Used to access the configuration of installed PCI busses and devices. /proc/ide/* Used to access the configuration of installed IDE busses and devices. /proc/scsi/*, /dev/sg* Used to access the configuration of installed SCSI devices. /dev/cpu/*/cpuid Used on x86 platforms to access CPU-specific configuration. /proc/device-tree/* Used on PowerPC platforms to access OpenFirmware configuration. /proc/bus/usb/* Used to access the configuration of installed USB busses and devices. /sys/* Used on 2.6 kernels to access hardware/driver configuration information. EXAMPLES
lshw -short Lists hardware in a compact format. lshw -class disk -class storage Lists all disks and storage controllers in the system. lshw -html -class network Lists all network interfaces in HTML. lshw -disable dmi Don't use DMI to detect hardware. SEE ALSO
/proc/*, linuxinfo(1), lspci(8), lsusb(8) COPYING
lshw is distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL) version 2. AUTHOR
lshw is maintained by Lyonel Vincent <lyonel@ezix.org>. OTHER INFO
The webpage for lshw is at <URL:http://lshw.org/> $Rev: 2179 $ 30 May 2010 LSHW(1)