Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display Post 303036649 by yelirt5 on Saturday 6th of July 2019 05:47:17 AM
Old 07-06-2019
Thanks to all

Just wanted to take a moment and thank you all for your help. It's greatly appreciated. Cheers~

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why won't my script run?

On the following script that I get an error when I try to execute as root: #./mv_log.sh bash: /root/util/mv_log.sh: Permission denied #!/usr/bin datetag=`date --date='1 day ago' +"%b%d%Y"` logname=`find /opt/bea/wlserver6.1/config/*/logs/ -iname 'access.log0*' -mtime -1 -print` mv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron won't run properly

I am new to unix, and this is my 1st post on this board. Looking for some advice about a cron job in my server. I am running a cron task that references a script which runs several other scripts and compiles them into a report and emails it to me. If I run the script manually, I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steeler_fan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Made command into a script but now won't run

Hello, After seeing in a Unix cheatsheet that I could add commands into a file and run that file as a command to save on typing, i tried it with this: #! /bin/csh # Backup website excluding directories that do not change rsync -e "ssh -p 2222" -axzvc --progress --stats --compress-level=9... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
9 Replies

4. Solaris

smc won't run on a regular user

Hi All, I'm getting this all the time with a regular user (after I do su - and smc): It appears you are attempting to run the graphical Solaris Management Console from a terminal which does not have a suitable 'DISPLAY' environment. Please check your 'DISPLAY' settings and that the user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tip: Simple script won't run in cygwin - vim editor involved

I ran into this issue and thanks to various postings in various forums, was able to figure out the solution but didn't see one posting that laid the whole issue out cleanly. So thought the following might help others ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxysep
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10u7 won't boot after hardware change

Hi all, I've somehow gained the idea that I _need_ to run at least 1 box with Solaris, but things don't go as I had planned :-) I pulled this ancient IBM eserver xseries 305 out of the dust, and got myself a fresh copy of the required cd's for Solaris 10u7. FAIL, for some reason the box and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.aart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script won't execute (Mac)

I can't get any bash scripts to run in Terminal (Mac - Snow Leopard). I have the following super-simple script, and I can't get it to execute despite having the correct permissions (I think). #!/bin/bash echo "WORK... PLEASE?!" I named the file 'testScript.sh', and I added execution... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested double quotes won't work in my bash script?

In a bash script I have: LSCMD="find /project/media/ -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name \"files*pkg\"" ALL_PACKAGES=$( $LSCMD | sort 2>/dev/null) But I get nothing returned. It's just all blank. If I run the find command in a terminal, I get dozens of hits. I figure it's the way how I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superbbrr
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read won't run keyboard function

I am using while read do/ done to retrieve menu item. Works as advertised, no problem. I am using this hack function "pause" to stop script execution and wait for keyboard "enter" key to continue. Sort of break point function. Also works fine with one exception - it does not work when used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies
RAS-MC-CTL(8)						RAS memory controller admin utility					     RAS-MC-CTL(8)

NAME
ras-mc-ctl - RAS memory controller admin utility SYNOPSIS
ras-mc-ctl [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The ras-mc-ctl program is a perl(1) script which performs some useful RAS administration tasks on EDAC (Error Detection and Correction) drivers. OPTIONS
--help Display a brief usage message. --mainboard Print mainboard vendor and model for this hardware, if available. The method used by ras-mc-ctl to obtain the mainboard vendor and model information for the current system is described below in the MAINBOARD CONFIGURATION section. --status Print the status of EDAC drivers (loaded or unloaded). --quiet Be less verbose when executing an operation. --register-labels Register motherboard DIMM labels into EDAC driver sysfs files. This option uses the detected mainboard manufacturer and model num- ber in combination with a "labels database" found in any of the files under /etc/ras/dimm_labels.d/* or in the labels.db file at /etc/ras/dimm_labels.db. An entry for the current hardware must exist in the labels database for this option to do anything. --print-labels Display the configured labels for the current hardware, as well as the current labels registered with EDAC. --guess-labels Print DMI labels, when bank locator is available at the DMI table. It helps to fill the labels database at /etc/ras/dimm_labels.d/. --labeldb=DB Specify an alternate location for the labels database. --delay=time Specify a delay of ime seconds before registering dimm labels. Only meaninful if used together with --register-labels. --layout Prints the memory layout as detected by the EDAC driver. Useful to check if the EDAC driver is properly detecting the memory con- troller architecture. MAINBOARD CONFIGURATION
The ras-mc-ctl script uses the following method to determine the current system's mainboard vendor and model information: 1. If the config file /etc/edac/mainboard exists, then it is parsed by ras-mc-ctl. The mainboard config file has the following simple syn- tax: vendor = <mainboard vendor string> model = <mainboard model string> script = <script to gather mainboard information> Where anything after a '#' character on a line is considered a comment. If the keyword script is specified, then that script or exe- cutable is run by ras-mc-ctl to gather the mainboard vendor and model information. The script should write the resulting information on stdout in the same format as the mainboard config file. 2. If no mainboard config file exists, then ras-mc-ctl will attempt to read DMI information from the sysfs files /sys/class/dmi/id/board_vendor /sys/class/dmi/id/board_name 3. If the sysfs files above do not exist, then ras-mc-ctl will fall back to parsing output of the dmidecode(8) utility. Use of this util- ity will most often require that ras-mc-ctl be run as root. SEE ALSO
fBrasdaemon(1) RAS-MC-CTL(8)