Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solution which is works perfect if all headers match from file b Post 303036626 by huuanh2811 on Friday 5th of July 2019 06:30:18 AM
Old 07-05-2019
Solution which is works perfect if all headers match from file b

HI Guys,

I have file A.txt

Code:
Code:
ID,L1,L2,L3,L4
1A,2a,33a,44b,55c
2A,10a,14a,15b,16c

File B.txt

Code:
Code:
ID
L1
L4
L5

Output:-

Code:
Code:
ID,L1,L4,L5
1A,55c,n/a
2A,16c,n/a

I have below solution which is works perfect if all header match from file b.

Code:
Code:
nawk -v OFS="," '$1=$1' $Lic1 > $Lic2

nawk '
	BEGIN           {OFS = FS = ","}
	FNR == NR       {h[$0] = NR
                 MX = NR
                 next
                }
	FNR == 1        {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i in h) a[h[$i]] = i
                }

{for (i=1; i<=MX; i++) printf "%s%s", $a[i], (i==MX)?RS:OFS
                }
	' fileB fileA

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of perfect text from file.

Hi All, I have a file of the following format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <tomcat-users> <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove headers thar dont match

Good evening I need your help please, im new at Unix and i wanted to remove the first 5 headers for 100000 records files and then create a control file .ctl that contains the number of records and all seem to work out but when i tested at production it didnt wotk. Here is the code: #!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines) On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user on all machines. On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not wbinfo -u works fine wbinfo -g works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

My original files are like this below and I distinguish them from the AP_ID (file1 has 572 and file2 has 544). Also, the header on file1 has “G_” pre-pended. NOTE: these are only snippets of very large files and much of the data is not present here. Original File 1: ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
36 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

This is a question that is related to one I had last August when I was trying to sort/merge two files by millsecond time column (in this case column 6). The script (below) that helped me last august by RudiC solved the puzzle of sorting/merging two files by time, except it gets lost when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
0 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code - Represent one of the code structures. SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{(?{print "hello sailor ")}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code" is a PPIx::Regexp::Structure. "PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class represents one of the code structures, either (?{ code }) or (??{ code }) METHODS
This class provides no public methods beyond those provided by its superclass. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Code(3pm)