Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find and copy .zip file based on today's date Post 303036551 by midhun3108 on Tuesday 2nd of July 2019 04:14:51 AM
Old 07-02-2019
Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team,
I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code
i tried the code as:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/sh
find /var/tmp/NewFile/TestM/ -name '*.txt' -mtime 0 | while read FILE
do
        echo "Found file $FILE"
done

But, this gives only if the file is found or not but i need to copy as well if zip file is found.
Data :
Code:
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user  user     1697 Jul 02 09:57 file_02072019.txt
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user  user      103 Jul 02 09:57 file_02072019.zip

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for code, data and terminal output. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 07-02-2019 at 06:22 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy log files with today's date

I am a newbie to scripting. I need a korn shell script to copy log files of current day to archive folder and rename with current days date stamp. I would really appreciate your help. File structure is as follows. Everyday files get overwritten, so I need copy to a archive directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdncan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify log files based on time stamp,zip and then copy..HELP

Hi All, PFB is a requirement. I am new to shell scripting. So plz help. It would be highly appreciated. 1. choose all the log files based on a particular date (files location is '/test/domain')--i.e,we should choose all the files that are modified on 29th November, neither 28th nor 30th 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skdas_niladri
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string

Hi All, I am new to shell srcipting. Problem : I need to write a script which copy the log files from /prod/logs directory based on todays date like (Jul 17) and place it to /home/hzjnr0 directory and then search the copied logfiles for the string "@ending successfully on Thu Jul 17". If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail.chiranjit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting: Copy Files with Today's date

I was wondering the best way about finding files that were created today and copy them to a directory (grep ?). There can be multiple files for todays date or none. I am looking to copy all of the .lis files for todays date. I may need to modify the filename to include todays date but for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smkremer
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Copy based on file receive date

I have bunch of files in my source folder like below and every day based on date I am receiving file ex: Nov 28,Nov 29,Nov 30 ... -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 27 06:00 aaaa27.txt -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 28 06:00 aaaa28.txt -rw-rw-r--+ 1 root root 20 Nov 29 06:00 aaaa29.txt I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and awk with today's date

Hi All, Solaris 10 o/s With your help I developed the following script. find /oracle/diag/rdbms/*/*/trace -type f -name '*d00*.trc' -mtime 0 -exec egrep –c 'NS Primary Error' '{}' '+' which returns the counts I needed nelow: /oracle/diag/rdbms/musidp/musidp/trace/abcdef_d001_21751.trc:15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipsplit - split a zipfile into smaller zipfiles SYNOPSIS
zipsplit [-t] [-i] [-p] [-s] [-n size] [-r room] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to split. OPTIONS
-t Report how many files it will take, but don't make them. -i Make index (zipsplit.idx) and count its size against first zip file. -n size Make zip files no larger than "size" (default = 36000). -r room Leave room for "room" bytes on the first disk (default = 0). -b path Use path for the output zip files. -p Pause between output zip files. -s Do a sequential split even if it takes more zip files. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipsplit reads a zipfile and splits it into smaller zipfiles. EXAMPLES
To be filled in. BUGS
Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)