Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Spooling File to My Desktop From Back-end using shell script Post 303036504 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 29th of June 2019 11:39:03 AM
Old 06-29-2019
when sqlplus is run what user is logged into oracle? i.e., sqlplus username@password
Is that user identical and on the same physical oracle server machine as the user that works correctly?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file problem with shell script

My shell script was working ok with K shell. But all of sudden, it started acting crazy. it keeps saying this: syntax error at line 70 : `"' unmatched I don't even have 70 lines in my file or this : syntax error at line 69: `end of file' unexpected Can this file got... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Laptop/Desktop... Back up/Mirror script.

Hello all, I have a script I am trying to put together, what I am trying to do is mirror my home dir (excluding my music dir) between my desktop and laptop. My intention is to create a cron job to run two scripts, one to push the data to the laptop at the end of the day, and one to pull the data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

spooling through shell script

Hi, I want to spool the output from a .sql file to a .txt file through shell script. the contents of .sql are: spool /arboru02/scripts/customer_profile_def.txt select profile_id ||','|| account_no from customer_profile_def; spool off exit and shell scrip is like: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting+connect to oracle database+spooling

Hi! Everyone I am new to the shell scripting basically.I have been asked to create a shell script that connect to a oracle database to read data from a particular schema then spool it into a csv file then email to customer. Can anybody let me know how to go about that. I have create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Mo
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Option in sql script to include column headers when spooling file to .csv format

Can anyone help me how to include COLUMN HEADER when spooling file to .CSV format through SQL statement. Thanks, Akbar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1a2m3
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not spooling in result file

Hi everyone and nice to meet you :) I'm having some issues with a script I'm writing. It's probably most chaotic, I'm no ksh guru, but the idea is to extract an ID with that query, spool it into a file, and read that file making the ID a variable. This has to be done for every row extracted by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkadia
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script not spooling in the designated file.

Hi, I need to write a script that will run a simple select count(*) query and sends the result of that query to me via email. Here's what I already have. #!/bin/ksh ###################################################################### # File Name : counts.sh # Created : 2019/27/19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clef
1 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)