Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to add 300gb secondary disk to running 11.11 HPUX system Post 303036499 by vbe on Saturday 29th of June 2019 05:56:47 AM
Old 06-29-2019
I would try to start all from scratch, that means remove using rmdev the device then
Code:
ioscan -insf

then see if it shows up correctly, ah vg01 was already present? so there might be a mismatch between what it knows of the group and so is looking for a disk that doesn't exist...
My idea would be to create a new vg just to see the disk works... then you could start meditating on how to re-create vg01... as I cannot help more, not having any HP for quite some time know, when here it was decided to drop PA-RISC... ( not my choice...) but remembered having sometimes issues of the sort with clusters...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hpux Disk Cloning

hello, Anybody that has already running script or command that can disk clone the hpux machine thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a Perl script on HPUX platform

Hi, I wish to execute a simple perl script to pass unix commands on a HPUX platform, retrieve the result and filter through the text to determine outcomes x,y and z. I am developing the code on my windows system. I initially wrote the code to issue UNIX commands line by line, however i soon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmetcalfe
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To get PID of a command passed to a secondary system

Hi Reqmt: I am working on Sys 1 and passes a command to Sys2 using a utility which has ssh coded in it. Is there any way to get the process id of the command in Sys 2 from my Sys1 ? Note: The utility is not editable, so you cannot get it through it and I am not logged in in Sys2. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anu_math9
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shift hard disk from primary IDE channel to secondary IDE channal

Wellcomes All, some times ago I 've installed a Debian ditribution on an Hard Disk who was set as Primary Master. Few days ago, I 've decided to install another Hard Disk with a different Operating System. When I did that, I turned off the old hard disk, and I mouted the new one on the Primary IDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thekarsillo
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to kill processes on HPUX

HPUX version B.11.23 as reported by uname -a Start with default signal I believe is -15 #kill PID Process still present. #kill -9 PID Process still present, even after repeated attempt and waiting. PPID becomes 1 which is the init process started at boot time. So far only way to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewdesimone
8 Replies

6. Solaris

new secondary disk

I just added a new disk i suppose the disk is not supported by sun solaris pls can someone advice on what i can do. pls see below: # format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c1d0 <DEFAULT cyl 15934 alt 2 hd 255 sec 126> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to add disk to VG group.

Hi, I am new to solaris administration. I have scan the new EMC SAN disk. I am able to see the disk when i run the powermt display dev=all command o/p. I want to format the disk and add file system to that disk. Can have formated the disk. and this the o/p of my format bash-3.00# prtvtoc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Recovering files from unbootable disk in HPUX 9

First of all, forgive me if I come off as naive. Normally I'm doing day-to-day management of a Server 2008 network, so HP-UX isn't exactly my forte. We have several HP 715/100 machines running UX 9.x, and recently one of them stopped being able to boot. In the boot menu the disk shows up with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldnPantaloons
3 Replies

9. Linux

Openldap add user to secondary group

Hello, i try to add user john to secondary group, named groupB this will add as primary group, how can i add to secondary group?? dn: cn=groupB,ou=Groups,dc=ldap-server,dc=com changetype: modify add: memberuid memberuid: john (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies
BATTERY-STATS(5)						File Formats Manual						  BATTERY-STATS(5)

NAME
battery-stats - collected battery statistics DESCRIPTION
The battery-stats contains statistics about battery charge over time, as collected by the battery-stats-collector (8) daemon. FORMAT
Each line in the file represents one sample and is of the form: <seconds> <charge%> <powermode> <UTC-date> <UTC-time> separated by spaces and terminated by a newline. Where: seconds is the number of seconds since 1st Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC charge% is the battery charge a number between 0 and 100 powermode indicates the power mode: 0 A/C off 1 On battery 2 On backup power UTC-date a human-readable date in the format YYYY/MM/DD. Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. UTC-time a human-readable time in the format HH:MM:SS (using a 24-hour clock). Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. minutes-left is the BIOS estimate of how many minutes of running time the battery would provide. This may be unreliable, depending on the BIOS through which it was collected. EXAMPLE
A battery under charge might result in the following samples: 1032651245 27 1 2002/09/21 23:34:05 94 1032651275 28 1 2002/09/21 23:34:35 97 1032651305 29 1 2002/09/21 23:35:05 100 1032651335 30 1 2002/09/21 23:35:35 103 1032651365 30 1 2002/09/21 23:36:05 106 FILES
The default set-up is to save battery statistics in /var/log and rotate the logs weekly, which results in this set of files: /var/log/battery-stats - current (most recent) statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+ - less recent statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+.gz - ancient statistics SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1), battery-stats-collector(8). AUTHOR
Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> September 23, 2002 BATTERY-STATS(5)