Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help using pax to restore into current directory? Post 303036464 by c3rb3rus on Thursday 27th of June 2019 10:49:26 AM
Old 06-27-2019
I found my answer here, using: -s '%^/%<relative_path>/%' works, for anyone else that may run into this.
This User Gave Thanks to c3rb3rus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

3. AIX

Restore a directory from backup

Dear All: we are using backup command on AIX to take backup as below in this command we also add compress command ulimit unlimited cd /apps/oracle find orcldb orcldata arch |tee /apps/orabkp/ofgl.faysalbank.com-17Jun10Thu-ORCL-DB.bkp.gz.log | backup -ivqf - |gzip -c >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to restore cpio archive to a directory

Hello Every one, I want to back up all passwd files to /xyz/passfiles.cpio and Then restore them to /abc directory. Here is what I wrote: find / -name passwd | cpio -oc > /tmp/passwd.cpio and to restore cd abc cpio -ium < /tmp/passwd.cpio I can not find the files restored to /abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdigital_m
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tarball of current directory

I wanna make a backup tarball. I wanna write a script that makes tarball of the current directory. There are lots of files so I cant type all files, I wanna make the tarball by excluding few files. Like there 1000 files in a directory I wanna create a tarball containing 98 files of that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current directory in awk

Hello, I want to use the string with the current directory in my awk command. I tried: 'pwd=system("pwd")' but it doesn't work. can please help somebody? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
2 Replies

7. AIX

Using restorevgfiles to restore entire directory from rootvg problems

I am trying to restore a specific directory and all sub-directories therein using a rootvg tape. I am using the following command to make the backup: mksysb -m -i -v /dev/rmt0 However, I am getting the following result: tctl status rmt0 Available 04-08-00-0,0 LVD SCSI 4mm Tape Drive... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to email the current directory?

Hi, I'm very new to Unix, but have been given a command to type in which is : mail -s <email subject goes here> <my email address> <success.txt this command is quite a basic one and sends an email containing the contents of the file "success.txt" to whatever email I put in with the subject of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnmuk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the current directory Path?

How to get the current directory Path in your prompt? i am getting a $ mark only in my prompt? Please help me with this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek0683
3 Replies

10. AIX

Restore directory and contents from tape

Hi, I have taken a backup of a directory on my tape in using below command cd /backup find * -print|backup -ivf '/dev/rmt0' '-U' |tee -a /syslogs/backup.log and output appear in below format. a 0 rman-before-08032014 a 58403323904... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)