Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PangoX cannot find Xlib.h
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PangoX cannot find Xlib.h Post 303036445 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 26th of June 2019 07:26:48 PM
Old 06-26-2019
What operating system are you using?

What shell are you using?

What compiler are you using?

What command (exactly) did you use to try to compile pangox?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
3 Replies

2. Programming

problems with drawing in x using xlib

Hi all, I'm currently learning xlib and I've encountered a bizarre mistake: function calls such as XDrawPoint, XDrawLine, etc., don't seem to work; a blank window with nothing in is appears. I believe this has something to do with the window manager I use, fluxbox. After checking the code and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydronium
0 Replies

3. Programming

Xlib simple program.

I don't know if it is right to ask you this. Can someone help me write a simple Xlib program,with button on it,and all that button do is switch 2 messages. I have tried and tried,but never get past Hello World. Can someone help me please? ---------- Post updated at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xlib Errors

Hi, I am handling user issues in my team. Users have their Unix session running on Citrix MFU. Recently, I was suppose to address a user issue which is as below: Gets the below error when tries to open nedit: Xlib: connection to ":165.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mspatil0037
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib and keyboard events

1. If there's some better place where xlib experts hang out, please tell me. Despite an assiduous search, I could not find an xlib reflector. 2. My actual question: In an xterm, I want to grab and process all keyboard events in a program running inside the xterm. For example, with my program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
5 Replies

6. Programming

Xlib help - Array of Structs

Hey guys! First of all english is not my main language so sorry for any english mistakes. Second im a total beginner in programming, still i have a school work to do and i found a problem. Probably something easy to solve but it's driving me crazy. So i created a struct, that holds 4 ints: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spiritvs
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xlib: XKeysymToKeycode hangs

Two simple questions related to the following puzzling behaviour: I have the following line of code: const KeyCode kc = XKeysymToKeycode(_display_p, ks); where _display_p is a valid Display* returned from XOpenDisplay() and ks has the value 103 (which was returned by XStringToKeysym(),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
2 Replies

8. Programming

Xlib registering

hey, Im new to the linux world. Lately, I have tried to create a glx window with xlib, making it a popup window(fullscreen) so I set override_redirect to true. Im happy with the removed borders, but apparantly, the application doesnt show up in the left bar in ubuntu, neither when I press alt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedardanius
4 Replies

9. Programming

[xlib] Image has just 1/4 size

Hello, i'm trying to show the Image of an monochrome webcam in an xlib-Window. initializing of the window: if (NULL == ((*XWindow)->display = XOpenDisplay(NULL))) APPLICATION_Set_Error(V4LCamera->Application, XWINDOW, "failed to open display", 123, -1, APPLICATION_ERROR_MESSAGE); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirrowwinger
1 Replies

10. Programming

Xlib search window by his name

Hello, I just try to get the control of a Window by searching his name. I curretly do that : Window CMD::window_from_name_search(Display *display, Window current, char const *needle) { Window retval, root, parent, *children; unsigned children_count; char *name = NULL; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loustak
0 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)