Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PangoX cannot find Xlib.h
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PangoX cannot find Xlib.h Post 303036443 by colt on Wednesday 26th of June 2019 06:45:08 PM
Old 06-26-2019
PangoX cannot find Xlib.h

Hello. I used to have Pango compiled, however it did not have X support, only Freetype support. Since gtk requires pangoX to be compiled, I went to compile it with Xsupport.

I had to issue a
Code:
./configure --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/PangoX-1.8.2/ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.6.6/lib/pkgconfig/              --x-includes=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xft-2.1.12/include/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xrender-0.9.10/include:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/ --x-libraries=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xft-2.1.12/lib/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xrender-0.9.10/lib:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/lib/

With that, configure detected the X libraries. I tried with only PKG_CONFIG_PATH, passing the .pc files of Xft, X11 and Xrender, however it did not work. Neither using CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS. Unless of course I made a typo error during the CPPFLAGS or/and LDFLAGS attempt.

Anyway, when compiling pango, it is said:
Code:
pangox.c:26:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
In file included from pangox.c:32:
pangox.h:37: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '*' token
pangox.h:37: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'GC' 

So X11/Xlib.h was not found and hence the myriad of error messages that I omitted. The question is why?

I am passing the directory of X11-1.6.7 with --x-includes and --x-libraries, as configure told me. Why it cannot find the Xlib.h then?

The line 26 of pangox.c it is
Code:
#include <X11/Xlib.h>

since I passed
Code:
.../Xrender-0.9.10/include:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/

it shall add the
Code:
X11/Xlib.h

of the line 26 of pangox.c to the end of
Code:
/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/

that I passed through
Code:
--x-includes=

. Hence I expect it to obtain the complete
Code:
/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/X11/Xlib.h

and so to find the Xlib.h file! What I am doing wrong them, supposing I really am doing something wrong? And can I fix it? Thanks for you support.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
3 Replies

2. Programming

problems with drawing in x using xlib

Hi all, I'm currently learning xlib and I've encountered a bizarre mistake: function calls such as XDrawPoint, XDrawLine, etc., don't seem to work; a blank window with nothing in is appears. I believe this has something to do with the window manager I use, fluxbox. After checking the code and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydronium
0 Replies

3. Programming

Xlib simple program.

I don't know if it is right to ask you this. Can someone help me write a simple Xlib program,with button on it,and all that button do is switch 2 messages. I have tried and tried,but never get past Hello World. Can someone help me please? ---------- Post updated at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megane16v
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xlib Errors

Hi, I am handling user issues in my team. Users have their Unix session running on Citrix MFU. Recently, I was suppose to address a user issue which is as below: Gets the below error when tries to open nedit: Xlib: connection to ":165.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mspatil0037
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xlib and keyboard events

1. If there's some better place where xlib experts hang out, please tell me. Despite an assiduous search, I could not find an xlib reflector. 2. My actual question: In an xterm, I want to grab and process all keyboard events in a program running inside the xterm. For example, with my program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
5 Replies

6. Programming

Xlib help - Array of Structs

Hey guys! First of all english is not my main language so sorry for any english mistakes. Second im a total beginner in programming, still i have a school work to do and i found a problem. Probably something easy to solve but it's driving me crazy. So i created a struct, that holds 4 ints: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spiritvs
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xlib: XKeysymToKeycode hangs

Two simple questions related to the following puzzling behaviour: I have the following line of code: const KeyCode kc = XKeysymToKeycode(_display_p, ks); where _display_p is a valid Display* returned from XOpenDisplay() and ks has the value 103 (which was returned by XStringToKeysym(),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N7DR
2 Replies

8. Programming

Xlib registering

hey, Im new to the linux world. Lately, I have tried to create a glx window with xlib, making it a popup window(fullscreen) so I set override_redirect to true. Im happy with the removed borders, but apparantly, the application doesnt show up in the left bar in ubuntu, neither when I press alt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedardanius
4 Replies

9. Programming

[xlib] Image has just 1/4 size

Hello, i'm trying to show the Image of an monochrome webcam in an xlib-Window. initializing of the window: if (NULL == ((*XWindow)->display = XOpenDisplay(NULL))) APPLICATION_Set_Error(V4LCamera->Application, XWINDOW, "failed to open display", 123, -1, APPLICATION_ERROR_MESSAGE); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirrowwinger
1 Replies

10. Programming

Xlib search window by his name

Hello, I just try to get the control of a Window by searching his name. I curretly do that : Window CMD::window_from_name_search(Display *display, Window current, char const *needle) { Window retval, root, parent, *children; unsigned children_count; char *name = NULL; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loustak
0 Replies