Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Missing Modules After Compiling Kernel Post 303036398 by Neo on Tuesday 25th of June 2019 01:44:30 AM
Old 06-25-2019
Maybe your kernel was built properly but you did not install it correctly?

Are you using grub or elilo (or something else to load your new kernel?

Whatever you are using, please post the config file for the kernel loader / installer.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

How do I load kernel modules so BestCrypt will work

I'm using SuSE 9.2 Pro and trying to use a program call BestCrypt. I get it installed and type bctool and it says "Kernel modules not loaded". If you need to know anymore about it you can find it at http://www.jetico.com/linux/bcrypt-help/index.htm linux:/home/chris/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2 #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Information about kernel modules

Hi all, what do kernel modules libaudit, klog and strlog do? Specifically I want to determine if it was possible for us to determine if kernel level auditing is enabled at all? regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
0 Replies

3. Solaris

cc not found error in compiling perl modules

:rolleyes:make cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xO3 -xdepend -DVERSION="2.121\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.121\" -KPIC -I/usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int/CORE Dumper.c make: cc: Command not found make: *** Error 127 cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xarch=v8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyophan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel Modules Not geting built

I installed in VM the Mandriva Linux with 2.6.27 kernel. But presently when I fire make the modules .ko does not get built. I get the following output on firing command in the kernel module folder. $ make Building first_driver.c ... make: Entering directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

5. Programming

Debugging Linux Kernel Modules

I am aware of debugging linux applications using gdb and ddd. Now I have written a simple kernel module having init_module, exit _module and some functions for tasklets and workqueues. I want to debug these kernel modules like I used to debug applications setting breakpoints etc. How can I debug... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux: passing parameters to kernel modules

Hi, I need to set qlogic qla2xxx parameters in /etc/modprobe.conf (Oracle Linux Server release 5.7, almost equal to RedHat 5.7) two questions: how can I pass this parameters to the module while it is loaded (fibre channel luns are in use), if possible at all and how can I check the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

7. Web Development

<Apache>error when compiling CPP modules

Hi, I am working on Linux Platform. I am just trying to port a CPP module to apache as a module. When I try to build the Apache , it throws an error as follows libtool: unrecognized option `-DLINUX=2' Later I did some search and changed the config_vars.mk file under the "build" directory of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashabb
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux kernel modules makefiles doubts

This query is regarding the makefiles of linux kernel modules. I saw at some sites on net it is suggesting to include the following path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /usr/src/linux... while at some places it is askibg to include /lib/modules path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /lib/modules/2.6.27-7-generic/build... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Hardware

Linux Kernel Modules

Hey everyone. I have a question, doing an lsmod gives me a list of all the loaded modules for my system. But how did they know to load? my /etc/modules files is empty, so how did these modules know to load themselves on boot time? If I were to take this hard drive to another computer with a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
6 Replies

10. Linux

Disable loading kernel modules

Hi, I am running CentOS 6.5 and I want to remove auto loading 8021q and garp modules, but there are no configure files in /etc/modprobe.d define bot modules. I even added both module names to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, both of them are still loaded after the reboot. How can I disable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies
grub(5) 																   grub(5)

NAME
grub - GRand Unified Bootloader software on Solaris The current release of the Solaris operating system is shipped with the GRUB (GRand Unified Bootloader) software. GRUB is developed and supported by the Free Software Foundation. The overview for the GRUB Manual, accessible at www.gnu.org, describes GRUB: Briefly, a boot loader is the first software program that runs when a computer starts. It is responsible for loading and transfer- ring control to an operating system kernel software (such as Linux or GNU Mach). The kernel, in turn, initializes the rest of the operating system (for example, a GNU [Ed. note: or Solaris] system). GNU GRUB is a very powerful boot loader that can load a wide variety of free, as well as proprietary, operating systems, by means of chain-loading. GRUB is designed to address the complexity of booting a personal computer; both the program and this manual are tightly bound to that computer platform, although porting to other platforms may be addressed in the future. [Ed. note: Sun has ported GRUB to the Solaris operating system.] One of the important features in GRUB is flexibility; GRUB understands filesystems and kernel executable formats, so you can load an arbitrary operating system the way you like, without recording the physical position of your kernel on the disk. Thus you can load the kernel just by specifying its file name and the drive and partition where the kernel resides. Among Solaris machines, GRUB is supported on platforms. The GRUB software that is shipped with Solaris adds two utilities not present in the open-source distribution: bootadm(1M) Enables you to manage the boot archive and make changes to the GRUB menu. installgrub(1M) Loads the boot program from disk. Both of these utilities are described in Solaris man pages. Beyond these two Solaris-specific utilities, the GRUB software is described in the GRUB manual, a PDF version of which is available from the Sun web site. Available in the same location is the grub(8) open-source man page. This man page describes the GRUB shell. boot(1M), bootadm(1M), installgrub(1M) http://www.gnu.org/software/grub 21 Apr 2005 grub(5)