Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice Post 303036350 by whizkidash on Monday 24th of June 2019 02:49:29 AM
Old 06-24-2019
Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice

Team,

Hope you all are doing fine

I have one admin server which is being used dedicately to run cron jobs on hourly basis, fetching the details from Database which is in a different server.These cronjob are run on every hourly/5 minutes basis depending as per end user requirement.The script are based on admin server itself where the cron is enabled
The cron jobs are basically reports which end users need for their records

OS version is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 where the cronjob is set

Now the tricky point:
1)Since last week, everything was getting run once, but when we query the database we are seeing duplicate entries for each cronjobs and the reports are published twice

2) Also, even when I have disabled/removed/changed the timestamp from crontab, we still see the duplicate entries on the database.

Need to find out why this is happening and its remedy,Can anyone guide please.

Regards
Whizkid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement cron job to run my reports dynamically?

How to implement cron job. Ex: I need to run SQR reports dynamically by using cron job. How can I implement cron job in shell.. If any one is having sample script in any shell that would be great help to me. Thanks Siva (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem when the script is scheduled to run as cron job

Hello, I have problem in executing a shell script. When the shell script is executed at the shell prompt the script works successfully but when the same script is run as a cron job it fails to execute the files called within the shell script. I have scheduled the job in my crontab file as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not running

Hi All, I am editing crontab using -e option to add a new job Below is the line 30 * * * * scriptpath This job is not executing every thirty minutes. I have checked, cron daemon is running. What did I miss? Can some one help? I am using cron shell..ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
7 Replies

6. Programming

Oracle Scheduled job not running as per schedule.

Hi, Though this is a unix forum mainly, am posting this oracle query here hoping to get a resolution. I have set up two scheduled jobs in oracle 11g for executiong a procedure in specific time intervals. One as Hourly and other as minutely. But the scheduled jobs are not running as per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron job is not running

Hi, I have set up the crontab as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # crontab -l 0-59 * * * * /var/tmp/r.sh 0-59 * * * * date >> /var/tmp/log root@IDC4VASAPP07 # r.sh is as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # cat r.sh #!/bin/bash dt1=$(perl -e 'use POSIX;print strftime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cron Jobs not running at scheduled time

I've scheduled few jobs using cron. But they are not running ..... What might be the possible reasons ?? Also tell me how to troubleshoot............. Please help me ....... Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduled job not running automatically in crontab

i have a job scheduled in crontab. The problem is, it is not running automatically as per the time scheduled. But runs when executed manually. What would be the problem? Help me with this please. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santhosh CJ
6 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)