Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Top Cybersecurity Threats Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned! Post 303036346 by Neo on Sunday 23rd of June 2019 11:44:24 PM
Old 06-24-2019
Yeah, I understand.

Video editing is a lot of work and takes a lot of time. There are videos to either create or select (or both), scripts to write, sound tracks to select and edit, special effects, motion graphics, cutting, editing, rendering, colorizing, and the list goes on and on. When the project has a lot of effects and different video footage , it can take a long time to render. Even with my 12 core 64GB mac pro, with two graphics cards, I still have to wait and wait (on some projects, not all), multitasking while it renders; and one mistake or typo, render again. I want 24 cores and 1TB of RAM and TBs of SSD storage like in the new mac pros coming out later this year!

Google' s CEO has publicly stated that their YT (video) search engine is expected to surpass the Google text search engine soon; so it is crystal clear that the trend is toward video; and that professionals and hobbyists alike are moving to video as their media of choice for presentations, explainers, tutorials, documentaries, entertainment, news and more. Experts say the younger generation(s) who grew up with YT and social media have very short attention spans so videos should be fast and furious (and interesting, etc) to hold their interest or they will just jump to the next video.

I agree with you Wise that the original intro sound track along with the cosmonaut punching in a password for the cybersecurity list video was dope; and if I was not "forced" to render again to fix my self-inflicted typos I would have left the sound track as is. I just wanted to change it for fun in the second render. I also agree with you that the heavy rock sound does have a lot of distortion and is too "loud" (compressed dynamic range) as you said, and the sound quality really suffers on small speakers like on a mobile (but it rocks on my desktop setup).

The fun part of course is expressing your hobby (hobbies) and interests creatively using video and so video is no different than writing text in a forum, as we rapidly move forward toward 2020. Video is getting easier and easier to create and specific effects are becoming easy to apply; so the entire video genre is rapidly transforming. This is one reason that Google is predicting video will dominate all search in the near future. Most young people create videos now versus writing text (which to them is like a vacuum tube amplifier, I guess, a pleasant relic of the past)

Having said that, if you want me to edit a video for you let me know. You can provide some photos, HD videos and / or screen captures of your hobby project(s) and select B-roll (stock) videos from Motion Array or StoryBlocks to add to your story and you can select the sound tracks from Motion Array as well. We can chat on the phone if you ever get to the stage where you want to share your hobby on video and it will be featured in our new video player we show to guest users at unix.com.

You have a really cool hobby Wise, and it would be cool to share it in one or more videos and I'm happy to do a video editing project with you and publish your video on our Daemon Media channel, if you ever feel the urge to get into video to express and share your hobby.

For me, I wish I had jumped into video years ago, but as the cliche' goes, 'better late than never'. It's really a lot of fun when you get the hang of it; and hopefully someday my videos will be of higher quality.

Be Creative and Rock on!

Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

The Top Ten Cybersecurity Threats for 2009 - Draft for Comments

Following up on my 2008 list of top cybersecurity threats, I have just published The Top Ten Cybersecurity Threats for 2009 for public comments. If you are interested in cybersecurity threats, kindly email your suggestions or comments directly to me (tim dot silkroad at gmail dot com).  I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Exactly 1 year ago today, 18-09-2019...

This is mainly for Corona688, today's date 18-09-2019. Remember from little acorns big trees grow a few months ago? Well this is well on the way to 1000+ dls by the end of the year... AMINET from its inception in 1992 is accessed by very, very many and the AMIGA is still loved by millions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Moderator of the Year 2019 Award Announcement Only

Dear All, We are happy to post that I will be announcing soon my award for "Moderator of the Year 2019". This is a new award which I plan to announce in December of each year, starting this year (2019). The prizes will be (still working out the details): A Moderator of the Year... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies