Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with date in bash script for loop from YYYYMMDDHHMM Post 303036341 by kl1ngac1k on Sunday 23rd of June 2019 08:26:44 PM
Old 06-23-2019
Help with date in bash script for loop from YYYYMMDDHHMM

Hi everyone

I need some help

I want to create an script which does some processing

it takes the two arguments 201901010000 and 201901020200 - so YYYMMDDHHMM

I want to split processing into hours from start until end,

I dont get why this works but when I add to a future variable hours + minutes it stops work

Code:
d=$(date -d "20190308 + 1 hour" '+%Y%m%d%H%M'); echo $d            

Code:
d=$(date -d "201903081000 + 1 hour" '+%Y%m%d%H%M'); echo $d 
date: invalid date `201903081000 + 1 hour'

All help is much appreciated, going to share also the script tomorrow morning, but I need to figure this one out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop does not execute in bash script?

I have a very basic bash shell script, which has many "while... done; for .... done" loop clauses, like the following ~~ #!/bin/bash while blablalba; do .... done < /tmp/file for line in `cat blablabla`; do grep $line /tmp/raw ; done > /tmp/1; while blablalba2; do .... done <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in bash script 'if' loop

SEND_MESSAGE=test echo $SEND_MESSAGE if then echo `date` > update_dt_ccaps.lst echo "The file transfer failed" >> update_dt_ccaps.lst SEND_MESSAGE=false fi The above code is showing error in bash shell as : ./test: line 5: [: test: integer expression expected ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error on for loop - bash script

Hi, I am working on bash script after a long time. I am getting error near done statement while running a for loop snippet. The error says "Syntax error near unexpcted token 'done'" please suggest what could be wrong. here is the snippet elements=${#option_arr} //an array of values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arundhati_s
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script called in loop from Bash Script

Having issues with an expect script. I've been scripting bash, python, etc... for a couple years now, but just started to try and use Expect. Trying to create a script that takes in some arguments, and then for now, just runs a pwd command(for testing, final will be command I pass). Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - loop question

Hi Folks, I have a loop that goes through an array and the output is funky. sample: array=( 19.239.211.30 ) for i in "${array}" do echo $i iperf -c $i -P 10 -x CSV -f b -t 50 | awk 'END{print '$i',$6}' >> $file done Output: 19.239.211.30 19.2390.2110.3 8746886 seems that when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrohuffer2001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with input in a bash script

I have the following while loop that I put in a script, demo.sh: while read rna; do aawork=$(echo "${rna}" | sed -n -e 's/\(...\)\1 /gp' | sed -f rna.sed) echo "$aawork" | sed 's/ //g' echo "$aawork" | tr ' ' '\012' | sort | sed '/^$/d' | uniq -c | sed 's/*\(*\) \(.*\)/\2: \... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through multiple files in bash script

Hi Everybody, I'm a newbie to shell scripting, and I'd appreciate some help. I have a bunch of .txt files that have some unwanted content. I want to remove lines 1-3 and 1028-1098. #!/bin/bash for '*.txt' in <path to folder> do sed '1,3 d' "$f"; sed '1028,1098 d' "$f"; done I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BabyNuke
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep in a loop using a bash script?

Dear all, Please help with the following. I have a file, let's call it data.txt, that has 3 columns and approx 700,000 lines, and looks like this: rs1234 A C rs1236 T G rs2345 G T Please use code tags as required by forum rules! I have a second file, called reference.txt,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aberg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash directory loop and order by creation date?

Hello, how in bash i can get directory loop and order by creation date? THX! :) #!/bin/bash for folder in /home/test/* do if ; then echo $folder; fi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with a bash loop script

Create a single bash script that does the following: a. Print out the number of occurrences for each motif that is found in the bacterial genome and output to a file called motif_count.txt b. Create a fasta file for each motif (so 3 in total) which contains all of the genes and their... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dre
6 Replies
BATTERY-GRAPH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  BATTERY-GRAPH(1)

NAME
battery-graph - Show a graph of the battery charge SYNOPSIS
battery-graph [options] [files...] DESCRIPTION
Show a graph of the battery charge over time. The files given are assumed to contain battery statistics in the battery-stats(5) format. If no files are specified, the default log files will be used. The options can be used for displaying a different interval. An interval is defined in terms of a from timestamp, a to timestamp and a duration. By specifying any two, the third will be calculated automatically. A missing duration will be defaulted to 3 hours. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -g geometry, --geometry geometry Sets the X Windows geometry of the graph. This disables text mode. See X(7) for how to specify the geometry. -D display, --display display Shows the graph on the given display. The same effect can be achived by setting the DISPLAY environment variable. This disables text mode. See X(7) for valid values. --title string Sets the title of the graph window. By default this will be "Battery Graph". If this is set to the empty string, gnuplot(1) will be allowed set the window title - this can be useful if you want your ~/.Xdefaults to take effect for this. -f date, --from date Specifies the start date/time for the graph. This accepts exactly the same date/time specifications as the date (1) command - see examples below or the Texinfo manual for date for details. -t date, --to date Specifies the ending date/time for the graph. This accepts exactly the same date/time specifications as the date (1) command - see examples below or the Texinfo manual for date for details. -s date, --since date Shorthand for --from date --to now -d duration, --duration duration Specifies the duration for the graph. This can be given in units of seconds, hours, days or weeks by suffixing the number with 's' (seconds), 'm' (minutes), 'h' (hours), 'd' (days) or 'w' (weeks). Units cannot be combined - e.g. '1d6h' will not be valid, whereas '30h' is OK. If no unit is specified, minutes will be assumed. --text Shows the graph in text mode on stdout. The resulting size of the graph is determined by the values of the environment variables. LINES and COLUMNS (failing that, the output from tput will be used). This is the default when the environment variable DISPLAY is not set. EXAMPLES
Show the last 2 hours: $ battery-graph --duration 2h Show the time since mid day: $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --to now or $ battery-graph --since 12:00 Show the hour before last: $ battery-graph --from '2 hours ago' --duration 1h Show the 6 hours after noon: $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --duration 6h or $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --to 18:00 Show the last 6 hours $ battery-graph --from '6 hours ago' or $ battery-graph --since '6 hours ago' Show the last 30 minutes in text mode: $ battery-graph --duration 30 --text Show statistics for Tuesday last week $ battery-graph --duration 24h --from 'tuesday last week' or $ battery-graph --duration 1d --from 'tuesday last week' Prove that the future hasn't happened yet: $ battery-graph --from yesterday --to tomorrow Another way of wasting CPU cycles: $ battery-graph /dev/null EXIT STATUS
battery-graph depends on gnuplot (1) to give the correct exit status. FILES
If no files are given on the command line, batter-graph reads from /var/log/battery-stats ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY If this variable is not set, --text will be defaulted. LINES / COLUMNS Determines the size of the graph in text mode. DIAGNOSTICS
If there are no statistics available for the period chosen, an empty graph will result. NOTES
There is no requirement for the from time to be earlier than the to time - if so, the X axis will be reversed. Similar results can be achieved using a negative duration. Also: battery-stat is quite happy to list statistics in the future; stupid, but obedient. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
battery-stats (5), date (1), battery-stats-collector (8) Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at http://karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats September 22, 2002 BATTERY-GRAPH(1)