Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Top Cybersecurity Threats Earth Year 2019 | You Have Been Warned! Post 303036340 by wisecracker on Sunday 23rd of June 2019 02:57:37 PM
Old 06-23-2019
Nah! My in depth hobby is creating simple unusual electronics projects that create basic measuring devices for testing electronics in general and controlled by SW.

As quoted on another thread I am working on a basic Audio Function Generator all in pure POSIX shell scripting:
Sine, Square, Triangle, Sawtooth+, Sawtooth-, Pulse+, Pulse-, Noise and if possible Arbitrary from around 30Hz to 20KHz. It assumes that most sound systems can sample at 192000 sps maximum and 2000 sps minimum.
Obviously centred around this MBP, but includes ALSA - Linux and /dev/dsp for a limited CygWin version.
The waveforms generated will be pure ascii from character 32, (space), and character 126, (tilde).

But yes I am willing to pull out some background tracks if need be...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

The Top Ten Cybersecurity Threats for 2009 - Draft for Comments

Following up on my 2008 list of top cybersecurity threats, I have just published The Top Ten Cybersecurity Threats for 2009 for public comments. If you are interested in cybersecurity threats, kindly email your suggestions or comments directly to me (tim dot silkroad at gmail dot com).  I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Exactly 1 year ago today, 18-09-2019...

This is mainly for Corona688, today's date 18-09-2019. Remember from little acorns big trees grow a few months ago? Well this is well on the way to 1000+ dls by the end of the year... AMINET from its inception in 1992 is accessed by very, very many and the AMIGA is still loved by millions. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Moderator of the Year 2019 Award Announcement Only

Dear All, We are happy to post that I will be announcing soon my award for "Moderator of the Year 2019". This is a new award which I plan to announce in December of each year, starting this year (2019). The prizes will be (still working out the details): A Moderator of the Year... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
ALSACONF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ALSACONF(8)

NAME
alsaconf - configuration tool for the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture SYNOPSIS
alsaconf [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the alsaconf command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Alsaconf is a simple shell script which tries to detect the sound cards on your system and writes a suitable configuration file for ALSA. It will try to guess what GNU/Linux distribution you're running, and will act accordingly to the standards of that distribution, if spe- cific support is available. Alsaconf will write a module-init-tools (or modutils) snippet which can be then used by module-init-tools (or modutils) to load the correct parameters for your sound card. OPTIONS
Alsaconf accepts the following options: -c, --config file Specify the module config file. As default, alsaconf probes the available config file automatically. -d, --devmode mode Set the device mode for the ALSA devices (default = 0666). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. -g, --gid gid Set the gid for the ALSA devices (default = 0). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. -h, --help Displays this help text. -L, --log file Logging on the given file. The log is appended to the file. This option is for debugging purpose only. -l, --legacy Check only for legacy non-isapnp cards. -m, --modinfo Read module descriptions instead of reading a card database. -P, --listprobe List the supported legacy card modules. -p, --probe card-name Probe a legacy non-isapnp card and print module options. -r, --strict Set strict device mode (equiv. with -g 17 -d 0660). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. -s, --sound-wav-file Use the specified wav file as a test sound. -u, --uid uid Set the uid for the ALSA devices (default = 0). This option is obsolete in the recent ALSA version. DEBIAN SPECIFIC
In Debian, the default gid of the device files is 29 (corresponding to the audio group) and the default device mode is 0660. For the ALSA base package, see also /usr/share/doc/alsa-base/ SEE ALSO
alsamixer(1), amixer(1), aplay(1), arecord(1) HOMEPAGE
http://www.alsa-project.org/ AUTHOR
The alsaconf script was written by Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>, Bernd Kaindl <bk@suse.de> and Jan Ondrej (SAL) <ondrejj@salstar.sk> This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). February 23, 2003 ALSACONF(8)