Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash variable expansion in awk script Post 303036303 by vgersh99 on Friday 21st of June 2019 06:21:32 PM
Old 06-21-2019
Code:
MY_DIR="/storage/tmp"
awk -v myDir="${MY_DIR}" '{if ($1 == "aaa")  out=(myDir "/group_a.gtf"); else if ($7 == "bbb") out=(myDir "/group_b.gtf"); print >> out;close(out)} ' infile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

globbing, $# is too high after wildcard expansion in bash script

How can I pass in an argument such as "*.k" to a bash script without having to double-quote *.k and not having *.k `glob` to match all files in the pattern? I tried using noglob in my script but this didn't work the way I thought it would.. expansion is still occuring, $# is higher than I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoo591
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - delay expansion of variable

Hello - I have a bash script which does some logging, and I'd like to include the line number of the echo statement that pipes into $LOGGER: MYPID=$$ MYNAME=`basename $0` LOGGER="/usr/bin/logger -t $MYNAME($LINENO) -p daemon.error" ... echo 'this is an entry into the log file' | $LOGGER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scandora
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable delayed expansion?

i write a batch file , here is the content. dirname='date +%Y-%m-%d' mkdir dirname but it doen's work, it just create a folder named date and +%Y-%m-%d. i have tried run the command seperately in the bash prompt. after the first sentence executed , i use $dirname to watch the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premotheus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell expansion help

This is what I have in my directory. $ ls test1.txt test2.txt test3.txt test4.txt test5.txt test_script.sh This is what my shellscript looks like. #!/bin/bash for filename in /shell_expansion/*.txt; do for ((i=0; i<=3; i++)); do echo "$filename" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell variable expansion in awk

I want to split one file input.tab into two separate ones, odd lines to input_reads1.txt, even lines to input_reads2.txt for a serial of files with similar name pattern. Also I want to "match" input/output file names to keep consistency of file name: CSEL_02.0_input.tab CSEL_03.4_input.tab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash expansion

Hello. I cannot write a command without using eval. Any help is welcome Note 1 : What does the function SOMETHING has no importance. Note 2 : What does the command find has no importance. It is an expansion variable problem : where to put or or or anythings else What works (FILTRE_1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable expansion

Hello. The file /etc/fstab contains UUID=957c3295-9944-1593-82e2-2b90dede4312 / ext4 noatime,discard,acl,user_xattr 1 1 I fill a variable SOME_LINE=$( cat /etc/fstab | grep \/\..*ext4 | grep noatime,discard )echo $SOME_LINE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

I have made the following examples that print various parameter expansions text: iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac (text%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018 (text%%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz (text#*.): d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

#!/bin/bash SNMPW='/usr/bin/snmpwalk' while read h i do loc=$($SNMPW -v3 -u 'Myusername' -l authPriv -a SHA -A 'Password1' -x AES -X 'Password2' $i sysLocation.0 2>/dev/null) loc=${loc:-" is not snmpable."} loc=${loc##*: } loc=${loc//,/} echo "$i,$h,$loc" done < $1 My question is ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumguy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
Bio::FeatureIO::gtf(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Bio::FeatureIO::gtf(3pm)

NAME
Bio::FeatureIO::gtf - read write features in GTF format SYNOPSIS
Bio::FeatureIO::gff DESCRIPTION
GTF, is also known as GFF v2.5. This class is simply a subclass of Bio::FeatureIO::gff that initializes with -version => 2.5. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Allen Day Email allenday@ucla.edu APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::FeatureIO::gtf(3pm)