Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Change from weak ssh host key to strong one Post 303036259 by solaris_1977 on Friday 21st of June 2019 01:11:25 AM
Old 06-21-2019
Thanks Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSA host key addition

Guys How do i add RSA key for a host ? I was able to connect to a host some time back but now its not connectable ,via SSH. Message i get is : abhi@myHost:~/.ssh> ssh eatcid@yourHost @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to add register key on ssh server

Hi, I want to use ssh to add a register key on remote ssh server. Since there are space characters in my register key string, it always failed. If there is no space characters in the string, it worked fine. The following is what I have tried. It seems that "ssh" command doesn't care about double... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: leaftree
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Host Key verification failed

Hi, I am running a script to scp a file from one server to another. I have created the public/private key and copied the public key to the other server and appended it to authorized_key file. But i am getting the error message saying "Host Key verification failed" Connection lost. It works well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host key issue via java

Hi, I am encountering below mentioned exception when I execute my Java program that is supposed to SFTP the file from one server over to another. Can you please tell me some pointers to resolve this issue? Exception HostName- 10.1.1.1 ; userName- bmsftp log4j:WARN No appenders could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ssh between servers - No DSA host key is known

It seems I can do ssh <IP> but not ssh <hostname> If I try to ssh to hostname I get the error - No DSA host key is known for host1 and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed. Where do I set up the DSA keys? Is it ssh_known_hosts? Assume afterwards I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed error

HI i am getting host key verification failed error. # cat id_rsa.pub | ssh root@10.110.51.245 'cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys;exit;' cat: id_rsa.pub: No such file or directory @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
FLAME(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FLAME(1)

NAME
flame -- reply to Usenet News posting automatically SYNOPSIS
flame [options] [filename] DESCRIPTION
Flame is a AI tool providing an automated method for replying to articles posted to Usenet News. Special care is paid to allow the user to specify the type of reply he desires. The following options are supported by flame: -- Take input from stdin. -x regexp Crosspost to all newsgroups matching regexp. -n number Post this reply number times. -b Reply in BIFF MODE. -d Delay response until original posting expires. -m Misdirect to a random Author. -r ROT13 quotes from original posting. -g regexp Reply to all messages in newsgroups matching regexp. -A Call the Author Assh*le in 12 languages. -B Bait the Author. -C Accuse the Author of communist leanings. -D Denigrate the Author. -E Picks apart the Author's educational background. -F Accuse the Author of fascist leanings. -G Post using Greek insult module. -H Accuse the Author of homophobic leanings. -I Question the Author's intelligence. -J Accuse the Author of purchasing Japanese imports. -K Accuse the Author of working for the KGB, MOSSAD, CIA, or MI5 as appropriate. -L Post using Latin insult module. -M Insult the Author's mother. -N Accuse the Author of Neo-Nazi leanings. -O Quote obscure references proving falsehood of the posting. -P Question the Author's parentage. -Q Accuse the Author of deviant sexual practices. -R Accuse the Author of racist leaning. -S Accuse the Author of sexist leanings. -T Accuse the Author of cross dressing. -U State that the Author just doesn't understand anything. -V Pretend sympathy for Author's virgin sensibilities. -W Accuse the Author of voting for George Bush. -X Prepend obscene adjectives wherever syntactically correct. -Y Accuse the Author of PLO membership. -Z Accuse the Author of Zionist leanings. ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable FLAME_TYPE can be set to any combination of the above parameters, and will be used as the default flame type to generate. The environment variable OBSCENE points to a file containing miscellaneous obscene adjectives for the -X option above. MACROS
Macro Support will be added to the next release of flame. AUTHOR
Unknown FILES
.lastflame This file contains the number of the last article flamed. Used when flameing an entire newsgroup. .prefflame This file contains the user's preferred flames. .altflame This file contains alternate phrasing of some of the more standard flames. Used to keep the program from flaming itself. SEE ALSO
rn(1), more(1), newsrc(5), readnews(1), Pnews(1), Rnmail(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Self Documenting. BUGS
Occasionally, flame will turn on the user, and flame all outgoing postings. When this happens, the best thing to do reinstall your news software and flame. FLAME(1)