Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5 Post 303036226 by kunwar on Wednesday 19th of June 2019 03:01:25 PM
Old 06-19-2019
getting this error:
Code:
# git clone GitHub - tmux/tmux: tmux source code
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/tmux/.git/

Code:
error: Failed connect to github.com:443; Operation now in progress while accessing https://github.com/tmux/tmux.git/info/refs

fatal: HTTP request failed

How to work around this issue?

--- Post updated at 04:01 PM ---

I did the tarbar download and followed the steps you gave and getting the below error:

Code:
[tmux-master]# ./configure && make
configure: error: "libevent not found"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing Updates on RHEL 3 & 4

Is there another way to install updates on RHEL besides using the up2date utility? I have some systems that are not accessible to the internet. So, when I look for the updates that are supposed to be for my system, i dont even know where to go to download them? it just keeps bringing me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Bug hits while installing RHEL 5.5

I have one R710 Dell Box, when i try to install the RHEL on the system the installation stops with following error "Assertion (heads < 256) at disk_dos.c:486 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed." I 'm unable to ignore/cancel the same and have hard boot the server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem installing PSP on rhel 5.2 64

hi, i have a problem when i try to install Proliant support pack into a server with rhel 5.2 sv556:#/tmp/psp# ./hpsum -silent ./hpsum: error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory i have already installed library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem in installing wine on rhel 6-64bit

I have installled and configured wine on rhel 6 - 64bit system... When i run wine command i faced a problem : wine : could not exec wineserver and when i run wineserver command i got the following error : /usr/local/wine/bin/wineserver : /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 : bad ELF interpreter NO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏

i am in process to install R12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1. while installing pre-requisite on RHEL 6.1 i am facing following error : rpm -ivh xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libX11.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
GIT-REQUEST-PULL(1)						    Git Manual						       GIT-REQUEST-PULL(1)

NAME
git-request-pull - Generates a summary of pending changes SYNOPSIS
git request-pull [-p] <start> <url> [<end>] DESCRIPTION
Generate a request asking your upstream project to pull changes into their tree. The request, printed to the standard output, begins with the branch description, summarizes the changes and indicates from where they can be pulled. The upstream project is expected to have the commit named by <start> and the output asks it to integrate the changes you made since that commit, up to the commit named by <end>, by visiting the repository named by <url>. OPTIONS
-p Include patch text in the output. <start> Commit to start at. This names a commit that is already in the upstream history. <url> The repository URL to be pulled from. <end> Commit to end at (defaults to HEAD). This names the commit at the tip of the history you are asking to be pulled. When the repository named by <url> has the commit at a tip of a ref that is different from the ref you have locally, you can use the <local>:<remote> syntax, to have its local name, a colon :, and its remote name. EXAMPLE
Imagine that you built your work on your master branch on top of the v1.0 release, and want it to be integrated to the project. First you push that change to your public repository for others to see: git push https://git.ko.xz/project master Then, you run this command: git request-pull v1.0 https://git.ko.xz/project master which will produce a request to the upstream, summarizing the changes between the v1.0 release and your master, to pull it from your public repository. If you pushed your change to a branch whose name is different from the one you have locally, e.g. git push https://git.ko.xz/project master:for-linus then you can ask that to be pulled with git request-pull v1.0 https://git.ko.xz/project master:for-linus GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-REQUEST-PULL(1)