Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Assigning proc_owner privilege to particular user in RBAC Post 303036150 by sb200 on Sunday 16th of June 2019 12:39:59 PM
Old 06-16-2019
Assigning proc_owner privilege to particular user in RBAC

Hi

I need to assign proc_owner privilege to particular user through RBAC. How can I assign this privilege to user, I need help on this.
Further I need to understand if I give this proc_owner privilege to particular user, what kind of control user will get on other user or system processes which are not owned by him. What are the risks involved if we assign this privilege to user.

Regards

Last edited by hicksd8; 06-16-2019 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: improve readability

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write privilege for user

Is it possible to grant write privileges to a user on a directory with out having to add the user to a group or make the user the owner of the directory? My background is in Windows and in Windows you can grant specific privileges to a user without having to put the user in a group or making the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RBAC: create a user to shut the server

Hi, I have created a user to shutdown the server using RBAC. Here are my steps: 1. roleadd -u 1000 -g 10 -d /home/stopsys -m stopsys 2. passwd stopsys 3. edit /etc/security/prof_attr to include: Shut:::able to shut the server: 4. modrole -P Shut stopsys 5. useradd -u 1001 -g 10 -d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

3. AIX

[Help] Give privilege to an ordinary user

I'm trying to give a non-root user the right to start IBM HTTP Server, the web server is listening on port 80, but for AIX, ports under 1024 are privilege ports which can be used only by root. /usr/IBMIHS/bin# ./apachectl start (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address :::80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibmer414
1 Replies

4. Linux

Sudo user vs RBAC

Hi all, What the difference between the sudo users & RBAC when the talk of effects after doing the above comes??? any differences between them ,kindly list ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Root privilege for user

Can anyone please tell how to give root privilege to a normal user in solaris 10? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create/restrict a user with to have no privilege from other group

Hello experts I am new to Unix. Env : HPUX I need to create a user say testuser such that it does not have access to file/directories from the other group i.e the last 3 digits . How do I do that. Reason for such a request :- I have an existing user oracle which has default umask... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
3 Replies

7. AIX

User Privilege

How to assign superuser privilege to an ordinary user temporarily (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

8. AIX

sudo - User privilege specification

I am planning to implement sudo for users. Under , it looks I have to put the users who need to have sudo access: What are the recommended for users? I don't think I need to give the ALL privilege (i.e ) to AIX users. I'd like to know the commonly used privilege specification for sudo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user with different privilege

Hi , I want to create 3 different user with below privilege in Solaris and Linux. 1) Read Only 2)Read and Write Only 3) Admin user Can you guys help me on this . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen Pathak
3 Replies
getpriority(2)							System Calls Manual						    getpriority(2)

NAME
getpriority, setpriority - get or set process priority SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
returns the priority of the indicated processes. sets the priority of the indicated processes to priority. The processes are indicated by which and who, where which can have one of the following values: Get or set the priority of the specified process where who is the process ID. A who of implies the process ID of the calling process. Get or set the priority of the specified process group where who is the process-group ID, indicating all processes belonging to that process-group. A who of implies the process-group ID of the calling process. Get or set the priority of the specified user where who is the user ID, indicating all processes owned by that user. A who of implies the user ID of the calling process. If more than one process is indicated, the value returned by is the lowest valued priority of all the indicated processes, and sets the priority of all indicated processes. priority is a value from to where lower values indicate better priorities. The default priority for a process is 0. If the calling process contains more than one thread or lightweight process (i.e., the process is multi-threaded) these functions shall apply to all threads or lightweight processes in the calling process. The priority specified (or retrieved) is the same for all threads or lightweight processes in a process. Negative priorities require appropriate privileges. Security Restrictions These system calls are subject to compartmental restrictions which restrict their access to processes in other compartments. This restric- tion covers for querying the priority of processes in other compartments, and for changing the priority of processes in other compartments. See compartments(5) for more information about compartmentalization on systems that support that feature. Compartmental restrictions can be overridden if the process has the privilege (PRIV_COMMALLOWED). Processes owned by the superuser may not have this privilege. Processes owned by any user may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. requires the privilege (PRIV_OWNER) to change the priority of a process whose uid does not match the caller's real or effective uid.. Pro- cesses owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configura- tion. requires the privilege (PRIV_LIMIT). Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. n is an integer priority in the range to Failure. is set to indicate the error. See WARNINGS below. returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If or fails, is set to one of the following values: [EACCES] The calling process does not have access rights to change one or more of the indicated processes. All processes for which access is allowed are still affected. [EINVAL] which is not one of the choices listed above, or who is out of range. [EPERM] The calling process attempted to change the priority of a process to a smaller priority value without having appro- priate privileges. [ESRCH] Processes indicated by which and who cannot be found. WARNINGS
can return both when it successfully finds a priority of and when it fails. To determine whether a failure occurred, set to before calling then examine after the call returns. AUTHOR
and were developed by the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
nice(1), renice(1M), nice(2). getpriority(2)