Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to replace matching words defined in one file on another file? Post 303036133 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 15th of June 2019 03:24:13 AM
Old 06-15-2019
Hi, try:
Code:
awk '
  NR==FNR {
    A[$1]=$2
    next
  } 
  {
    for(i=1; i<=NF; i++)
      if($i in A)
        sub($i,A[$i])
    print
  }
'  FS="=" file2 FS='[(/,]' file1

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting file words as pattern matching

Sir, I want to check for the repation of a user address in a file i used || as my delimiter and want to check repetaip0n of the address that is mailid and then i have to use IMAP and all. How can i do this... I am in linux ...and my file is linux file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace words in file based on another file

Hello, Can someone kindy help me solve this problem..I am using SunOS shell script I got a file A with following content: This is my correct document. I wrote 111 This is my incorrect word , 222 This is my wrong statement 333 This is my correct document 444 This is my correct document 555... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinmak
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replace words in file and keep some

lets see if i can explain this in a good way. im trying to replace some words in a file but i need to know what the words are that is beeing replaced. not sure if sed can do this. file.name.something.1DATA01.something.whatever sed "s/./.DATA?????/g" need to know what the first . is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to from grep command from a file which contains matching words?

Hi all I have a file with below content (content is variable whenever new product is launched). I need form a grep command like this egrep "Unknown product|Invalid symboland so on" How to do it using a script? Unknown product Invalid symbol No ILX exch found exceeds maximum size AFX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search the pattern in a file and replace with variable already defined previously in csh

I want to replace a certain pattern with the variable already defined. e.g. set path_verilog = /home/priya/bin/verilogfile my file contents are : verilog new verilog is defined here verilog_path_comes I am using the below command sed 's/verilog_path_comes/'$path_verilog'/g' <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in column1 of a file matching columns of another file

Hi all, I have 2 files: species-names.txt Abaca-bunchy-top-virus ((((Abaca-bunchy-top-virus((Babuvirus((Unassigned((Nanoviridae((Unassigned)))) Abutilon-mosaic-virus ((((Abutilon-mosaic-virus((Begomovirus((Unassigned((Geminiviridae((Unassigned))))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thienxho
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace the words in the file to the words that user type?

Hello, I would like to change my setting in a file to the setting that user input. For example, by default it is ONBOOT=ON When user key in "YES", it would be ONBOOT=YES -------------- This code only adds in the entire user input, but didn't replace it. How do i go about... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfolozy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace words in file?

Hi Guys, I have a text where we used Ram in 10 times now I want replace all Ram words by Shyam word then how to do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace some specific words from file?

I have the file like this. cat 123.txt <p> <table border='1' width='90%' align='center' summary='Script output'> <tr><td>text </td> </tr> </table> </p> I want to replace some tags and want the output like below. I tried with awk & sed commands. But no luck. Could someone help me on this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)