Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script. Post 303036119 by RudiC on Friday 14th of June 2019 09:52:11 AM
Old 06-14-2019
Thanks for sharing your final code. Glad you found a solution. Pls be aware that this is NOT coming close to the desired output in post #1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting output of SQL query in excel sheet in shell script

Hi Guys.. Need your help to format the output of my shell script. I am using spool command to take out put in csv file. below is my code. (for example) col USERNAME for a15 col EMAIL for a30 col FULL_NAME for a20 col LAST_LOGIN for a40 col DATE_CREATED for a40 SPOOL 120.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Query in Shell Script output formatting

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh call_sql () { sql=$1 sqlplus -s $sqlparam_sieb <<EOF SET ECHO OFF; SET NEWPAGE NONE; SET SQLBL OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 2000; SET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write shell script for my .sql file call

Hi Guys, I need to write a simple shell script which will generate a .csv file/report by calling .sql file inside a shell script. Can somebody help me on this. Thanks in advance! Regards, LK (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text

I want to run sql query in shell script and output data save as delimited text (delimited text would be comma) Code: SPOOL_FILE=/pgedw/dan.txt SQL=/pgedw/dan.sql sqlplus -s username/password@myhost:port/servicename <<EOF set head on set COLSEP , set linesize 32767 SET TRIMSPOOL ON SET... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script appending output of sql query

I am writing the following script to create the file v_out.txt. sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF CONNECT scott/tiger@orcl; whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set newpage 0; SET PAGESIZE 0; SET ECHO OFF; SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; SET VERIFY OFF; SET LINESIZE 100; set tab off; set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
7 Replies
close(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  close(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
close - Close an open channel SYNOPSIS
close channelId _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Closes the channel given by channelId. ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as a Tcl standard channel (stdin, stdout, or stderr), the return value from an invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. All buffered output is flushed to the channel's output device, any buffered input is discarded, the underlying file or device is closed, and channelId becomes unavailable for use. If the channel is blocking, the command does not return until all output is flushed. If the channel is nonblocking and there is unflushed output, the channel remains open and the command returns immediately; output will be flushed in the background and the channel will be closed when all the flushing is complete. If channelId is a blocking channel for a command pipeline then close waits for the child processes to complete. If the channel is shared between interpreters, then close makes channelId unavailable in the invoking interpreter but has no other effect until all of the sharing interpreters have closed the channel. When the last interpreter in which the channel is registered invokes close, the cleanup actions described above occur. See the interp command for a description of channel sharing. Channels are automatically closed when an interpreter is destroyed and when the process exits. Channels are switched to blocking mode, to ensure that all output is correctly flushed before the process exits. The command returns an empty string, and may generate an error if an error occurs while flushing output. If a command in a command pipe- line created with open returns an error, close generates an error (similar to the exec command.) EXAMPLE
This illustrates how you can use Tcl to ensure that files get closed even when errors happen by combining catch, close and return: proc withOpenFile {filename channelVar script} { upvar 1 $channelVar chan set chan [open $filename] catch { uplevel 1 $script } result options close $chan return -options $options $result } SEE ALSO
file(n), open(n), socket(n), eof(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, close, nonblocking Tcl 7.5 close(n)