Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ipadm showing "/?" in ADDROBJ on S11 local zone Post 303036056 by Peasant on Thursday 13th of June 2019 09:38:19 AM
Old 06-13-2019
I believe it's just a name of the interface address object, generic created during zone boot.
Similar in global zone e.g net0/v4 for instance, where v4 can be anything you want.

For instance (in global zone or exclusive ip stack zone) :
Code:
ipadm create-addr -T static -a <IP you want to configure>/NETMASK net0/unixforums

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Solaris

FC card showing "Not connected"

Hi there, I have a Sun StorageTek 2501 plugged into a V440 (Solaris 10) via fiber and a crossover cable. This array worked fine for the past year, until I tried to install a second fiber card last night. Both cards came up OK in the OS, but I was no longer able to see my array. I decided to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paidbythehour
1 Replies

4. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"sudo su -" showing lot of information on OpenLDAP

Hello, I have configured new LDAP and new LDAP clients. When I do "sudo su -", it shows me lot of information, which is not required on screen. I am not sure, if any debug mode is enabled or from where it can be turned off. Please suggest, if it is know for you. -bash-3.2$ sudo su - sudo:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL) 			       Trusted Extensions Library Functions				   getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL)

NAME
getzonelabelbyid, getzonelabelbyname, getzoneidbylabel - map between zones and labels SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] file... -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> m_label_t *getzonelabelbyid(zoneid_t zoneid); m_label_t *getzonelabelbyname(const char *zonename); zoneid_t *getzoneidbylabel(const m_label_t *label); DESCRIPTION
The getzonelabelbyid() function returns the mandatory access control (MAC) label of zoneid. The getzonelabelbyname() function returns the MAC label of the zone whose name is zonename. The getzoneidbylabel() function returns the zone ID of the zone whose label is label. All of these functions require that the specified zone's state is at least ZONE_IS_READY. The zone of the calling process must dominate the specified zone's label, or the calling process must be in the global zone. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the getzonelabelbyid() and getzonelabelbyname() functions return a pointer to a sensitivity label that is allo- cated within these functions. To free the storage, use m_label_free(3TSOL). If the zone does not exist, NULL is returned. On successful completion, the getzoneidbylabel() function returns the zone ID with the matching label. If there is no matching zone, the function returns -1. ERRORS
The getzonelabelbyid() and getzonelabelbyname() functions will fail if: ENOENT The specified zone does not exist. The getzonelabelbyid() function will fail if: ENOENT No zone corresponds to the specified label. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(2), getzonenamebyid(3C), getzoneidbyname(3C), libtsol(3LIB), m_label_free(3TSOL), attributes(5), labels(5) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 getzonelabelbyid(3TSOL)