Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Denial Of Service Attack Update Post 303036021 by Neo on Wednesday 12th of June 2019 04:48:43 PM
Old 06-12-2019
Denial Of Service Attack Update

Dear All,

We were hit with a denial of service (DOS) attack today beginning around June 12th 2019 @ 01:27:51 PM from an IP address registered to "RACKWEB-NET" in Bulgaria.

I was notified about this around June 12th 2019 @ 03:05 PM and did some log file analysis and discovered how the attack was happening and wrote some code to mitigate against the attack.

I think the site was down for about 1 hour and 19 minutes because of the attack.

The code I wrote will filter against these kinds of DOS attacks in the future.

Thank you for your support,

Neo

EDIT: In addition to the PHP changes, I made some changes to the DB configuration as well to help insure this kind of attack cannot succeed in the future.
These 9 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

DOSSRV(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 DOSSRV(4)

NAME
dossrv, 9660srv, a:, b:, c:, eject - DOS and ISO9660 file systems SYNOPSIS
dossrv [ -v ] [ -s ] [ -f file ] [ service ] 9660srv [ -v ] [ -s ] [ -f file ] [ service ] a: b: c: eject [ n ] DESCRIPTION
Dossrv is a file server that interprets DOS file systems. A single instance of dossrv can provide access to multiple DOS disks simultane- ously. Dossrv posts a file descriptor named service (default dos) in the /srv directory. To access the DOS file system on a device, use mount with the spec argument (see bind(1)) the name of the file holding raw DOS file system, typically the disk. If spec is undefined in the mount, dossrv will use file as the default name for the device holding the DOS system. Normally dossrv creates a pipe to act as the communications channel between itself and its clients. The -s flag instructs dossrv to use its standard input and output instead. The kernels use this if they are booting from a DOS disk. This flag also prevents the creation of an explicit service file in /srv. The -v flag causes verbose output for debugging. The shell script a: contains unmount /n/a: >[2] /dev/null mount -c /srv/dos /n/a: /dev/fd0disk and is therefore a shorthand for mounting a floppy disk in drive A. The scripts b: and c: are similar. 9660srv is identical to dossrv in specification, except that it interprets ISO9660 CD-ROM file systems instead of DOS file systems. If the floppy drive has an ejection motor, eject will spit out the floppy from drive n, default 0. EXAMPLE
Mount a floppy disk with a DOS file system on it. dossrv a: SEE ALSO
kfs(4) SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/dossrv /sys/src/cmd/9660srv /rc/bin/eject DOSSRV(4)