Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone) Post 303035978 by Peasant on Tuesday 11th of June 2019 10:34:16 AM
Old 06-11-2019
Configuration looks fine, can you show output of :
Code:
dladm show-vnic

Question, are you running this on some virtualization solution (kvm/qemu, vmware, LDOM or alike) ?

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not access global zone

hi , I am trying to access my machine at work with PuTTY and I keep obtaining "access denied"... and i can't access the global zone but i can login on any local zone and then from there i can login using "ssh -l root Ip command " command....... whats the problem , If anybody have idea about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahir23
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Zone : Non global Zone check failed

Hi All , I try to install some packages in my global zone... On the execution of the installion of the script it quits by saying the error "Non global zone check failed" Kindly help me in this regard Thanks in advance, jeganr (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to access serial port from non-global solaris zone on netra 240

I am trying to use a serial communications device that is connected to /dev/ttyb on a netra 240 server. This is a solaris zone configuration using solaris 10 0910. I am able to access /dev/ttyb from the global zone but not throught he non-global zone. I have enabled all of the tty devices in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disagreeable
0 Replies

5. Solaris

how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings... I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

7. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris non-global zone network vlan

Have 2 nics on physical system net0 phys 1500 up -- net1 phys 1500 up -- 1. I want to create a link aggregation with LACP enabled with above 2 nics 2. Create port-group(Like we create on ESXi) with VLAN-ID 2141 3. And assign this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
tninfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands						tninfo(1M)

NAME
tninfo - print kernel-level network information and statistics SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/tninfo [-h hostname] [-m zone-name] [-t template] DESCRIPTION
tninfo provides an interface to retrieve and display kernel-level network information and statistics. OPTIONS
-h hostname Display the security structure for the specified host in the remote-host cache. The output should reflect what is specified in the tnrhdb database. -m zone-name Display the MLP configuration associated with the specified zone. The output should reflect what is specified in the tnzonecfg database. -t template Display the structure associated with the specified template. The output should reflect what is specified in the tnrhtp database. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Displaying Remote Host Structures Cached in the Kernel This example shows the remote host structures cached in the kernel. The output reflects the definition in the tnrhdb database. # tninfo -h machine1 IP address= 192.168.8.61 Template = cipso Example 2 Displaying Multilevel Ports for the Global Zone This example shows the kernel-cached MLPs for the global zone. The output reflects the definition in the tnzonecfg database, plus any dynamically allocated MLPs. private indicates zone-specific MLPs. # tninfo -m global private:23/tcp;111/tcp;111/udp;515/tcp;2049/tcp;6000-6003/tcp; 32812/tcp;36698/ip;38634/tcp;64365/ip shared: 6000-6003/tcp Example 3 Displaying the cipso Template Definition This example shows the kernel-cached cipso template definition. The output reflects the definition in the tnrhtp database. # tninfo -t cipso ===================================== Remote Host Template Table Entries: __________________________ template: cipso host_type: CIPSO doi: 1 min_sl: ADMIN_LOW hex: ADMIN_LOW max_sl: ADMIN_HIGH hex: ADMIN_HIGH FILES
/etc/security/tsol/tnrhdb Trusted network remote-host database /etc/security/tsol/tnrhtp Trusted network remote-host templates /etc/security/tsol/tnzonecfg Trusted zone configuration database ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The command line is Committed. The output is Uncommitted. SEE ALSO
tnd(1M), tnctl(1M), attributes(5) How to Synchronize Kernel Cache With Network Databases in Solaris Trusted Extensions Administrator's Procedures NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 tninfo(1M)