Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0 Post 303035972 by RecoveryOne on Tuesday 11th of June 2019 08:24:55 AM
Old 06-11-2019
bakunin, all very good points.
Still thinking single user mode if they can't get control of the console would be beneficial at least from a troubleshooting standpoint. Would let them see adapters, if any...See below:

Something else that concerned me from the boot log was this line:
Code:
The Service Request Number is B7006970: I/O subsystem (hub, bridge, bus) Unrecovered Error, general

I looked that up and that's coming out to be a PCI host bridge failure message. Likely the system doesn't see its adapters at all. I might be off, and my IBMer isn't available to confirm for me. Depending on whats causing the failure message, you may need a system backplane or I/O backplane replacement. Which would explain why your direct attached console isn't working.

There's other PCI I/O adapters that can cause that error, however I feel such efforts might be beyond the scope of this forum, and you'd best be off finding a 3rd party support or be willing to shell out some insane dollar amount to IBM for service.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

LAN Adapter

Im newest in unix, Please, give me solution for installing lan adapter if driver not found in the list of ethernet drivers ihave unix driver in a dos diskete please give me the other solution and tell me where the domain of unix class online, so ican read from it. Thank's very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade_muhdiat
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Creator 3D Video Adapter

Hi everyone, it's me the Solaris novice once again. Here's my situation. - I bought a Sun Ultra 10 Creator 3D Workstation and Sony 19" SVGA Monitor package deal. - The system has the Creator 3D Video Adapter installed but I could not use it because the adapter has a 13w3 connection and my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

what is an adapter?

Hi , Hi what is an adapter?what is its use ? How to log into a tibco server from unix home directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter

Hi all, I got sort of a task to do. I have to write in C "simulated network driver". What does it mean? - It has to run on all network adapters - It has to be as simple as it can be - It has to run on all linux distributions (or at least most of them) - It does not have to run a network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
4 Replies

6. SCO

Installing LAN adapter

I inserted a PCI Realtek RTL8139 network adapter on a PC running SCO Openserver 5.0.6. I successfully loaded drivers and I'm trying to install the card with netconfig command, unfortunately without success. Here are the steps I follow to install the card: I run netconfig, from menu 'hardware'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kampus
2 Replies

7. Hardware

SCSI Ultra320 80->68 adapter

I need to connect 80pin SCA Ultra320 SCSI hdd to 68pin. There are rumors that some bad "passive" adapters with problematic termination can fry the HDD. The adapter we got is Assmann ABSCA-2. Hard drive is 'Fujitsu MAW3073NC' Do we need to set any jumpers before turning it on? We already had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

8. AIX

Dedicate graphics adapter ?

Hello, Runing VIO and couple lpars on POWER blade. I want to dedicate graphics adapter(ati0) to one lpar. Is that possible ? I tried to do that using IVM (I/O Adapter Management->View/Modify Physical Adapters->Modify partition assignment): Failed to remove adapter U78A6.001.WIH4088-P2-C8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

9. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ethernet Adapter not detected.

Hi, I have installed Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 in my PC. After the installation the Ethernet Card is not got detected. But I could able to get the details using the command lspci -a: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0). But I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
4 Replies
dpt(7D) 							      Devices								   dpt(7D)

NAME
dpt - DPT ServeRAID IV SCSI host bus adapter and RAID adapter driver DESCRIPTION
The dpt driver is a driver for the DPT (Distributed Processing Technology) family of SmartRAID IV SCSI HBA and RAID adapters. The following HBA adapters are supported: PM2024, PM2044UW, PM2044W, PM2124, PM2124W, PM2144UW, and PM2144W. The following RAID adapters are supported: PM3224, PM3224W, PM3334UW, and PM3334W. PRECONFIGURATION
o DPT PM3224 only: Only EPROM 7A and later versions are supported. o DPT PM2024 and PM2124 only: Only EPROM 6D4 and later versions are supported. o Use adapters with SmartROM version 3.B or later versions only. o Be sure that the controller board is installed in a PCI bus-mastering slot. o Disable PCI parity checking if your firmware version is earlier than version 7A, if your system memory is ECC, or if your system does not check parity. Known Problems and Limitations During system boot, a message may be displayed saying a DPT controller driver cannot be installed. This message indicates that the mother- board installed in your system may contain ECC memory or may not check parity. If you see this message is displayed, disable PCI parity checking. Supported Settings o I/O Address: Auto CONFIGURATION
Auto-configuration code determines whether the adapter is present at the configured address and what types of devices are attached to it. The DPT ServeRAID is primarily used as a disk array (system drive) controller. To configure the attached disk arrays, you must configure the controller (using the configuration utilities provided by the hardware manu- facturer) before you boot the Solaris operating environment. You use the configuration utilities to set RAID levels, stripe parameters, cache mechanisms and perform other functions. For more information, see the user manual supplied with your hardware. FILES
/kernel/drv/dpt.conf dpt configuration file /dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device where: cn controller n dn LUN n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk(1M) partition(0) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Architecture x86 | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), attributes(5), cmdk(7D) SunOS 5.11 27 November 2000 dpt(7D)