Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to extract the partial matching strings among two files? Post 303035966 by anbu23 on Tuesday 11th of June 2019 03:39:29 AM
Old 06-11-2019
Code:
$ awk -F'\\]|\\[|-|:' -v RS='\n>' ' NR == FNR { gsub(" ",""); arr[$3]=1;next} arr[$2]{print ">" $0} ' f1 f2
>Contig_152:50833-51615
CGGAGTAGCTTCGATCAGCGTGACCGGTACCGAGCGACCGTCTTCAGTGAAGACGCGGCT
CATACCAGCCTTGCGGCCCACGAAGCCCAACGAATATTTCTTCGTCATGGTCGTAGTCCT
CAGGTCAGCTTGATCTGGACGTCGACGCCAGCCGCGAGTTCGAGCTTCATCAGCGCGTCC
ACGGTCTTGTCGTTCGGGTCGACGATATCGAGCACACGCTTGTGCGTGCGGGTTTCGTAT
TGG
>Contig_152:50215-50829
TGCCAGCCACTCCTCGACCTTCTTGACCGCGTCGGCGGTGATCACGACCGTATCGGCCCC
GACCAGAGCGACCGGATCCAGACCCTGCACGTCACGCACCTGCACATACGGCAGGTTGCG
AGCGGACAGATACAGGTGCTCGGAAGCCTCTTCGGTGACGATCAGCGGGCGCTTGCCCAC
>Contig_152:45550-46116
GTTACGGAACGGGAACTTGAACGCTGCCAGCAGCGCCTTCGCTTCCGCATCCGTCTTGGC
GGTGGTGGTGATGGCGATATCCATACCGCGGATCGCGTCGACGGCGTCGAAGTCGATTTC
>Contig_152:44079-44618
AGCCTTCTTGGCTTCCTTGCGAATGATGACTTCACCGGCGTACTTCACACCCTTGCCCTT
GTAGGGCTCCGGCGGACGGAAACCGCGAATCTTGGCGGCAACTTCGCCGACGCGCTGCTT

This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all files matching partial filename

What would be the easiest way to grep all files within a particular directory that match a partial filename? For example, searching all files that begin with "filename.txt" and are appended with the date they were created. I am using Ksh 88, btw. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is it hard to extract particular lines & strings from the files??

Hi Experts, I have lots of big size files. Below is the snapshot of a file. From the files i want extract informmation like belows. What could be command or script for that? DELETE RESP:940120105 CREATE RESP:0 GET RESP:0 File contains like below- ... ... <log... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed to extract column bases on partial match

Hi I have a log file which has outputs like the one below conn=24,196 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=0 nentries=9 etime=3,712 dbtime=0 mem=486,183,328/2,147,483,648 Now most of the time I am only interested in the time ( the first column) and a column that begins with etime i.e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkabali
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract partial string from path.

Hi all, i've a string $DIR=/u/user/NDE/TEST_LOGS/20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TEST_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to extract string from 2011.... i.e i need it as 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 as matched string, and in turn i need to split values 20110622_000005_TEST_11_HD_120 into two.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching strings from different files

I want to compare file 1 to file 2 and if a string from file 1 appears in file 2, then print the file 2 row, where the string appears, onto file3. file 1 looks like this. DOG_0004340 blah blah2 j 22424 DOG_3010311 blah blah3 o 24500 DOG_9949221 blah blah6 x 35035 file 2 looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract columns by matching ids in two files

Hello, I want to extract columns from file2 to file3 by matching ids between file1 and file2. The extracted columns should be in same order as file1 ids. for example: file1.txt 1823 607 R2A9 802 771 file2.txt 1823 1 2 4 22 11 4 29 607 12 3 3 R2A9... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan9011
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 2 lines from 2 files having matching strings

Hello All Unix Users, I am still new to Unix, however I am eager to learn it.. I have 2 files, some lines have some matching substrings, I would like to concatenate these lines into one lines, leaving other untouched. Here below is an example for that.. File 1 (fasta file): >292183... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL partial matching

I have two files: file 1 http://www.hello.com http://neo.com/peace/development.html, www.japan.com, http://example.com/abc/abc.html http://news.net http://lolz.com/country/list.html,www.telecom.net, www.highlands.net, www.software.com http://example2.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match patterns between two files and extract certain range of strings

Hi, I need help to match patterns from between two different files and extract region of strings. inputfile1.fa >l-WR24-1:1 GCCGGCGTCGCGGTTGCTCGCGCTCTGGGCGCTGGCGGCTGTGGCTCTACCCGGCTCCGG GGCGGAGGGCGACGGCGGGTGGTGAGCGGCCCGGGAGGGGCCGGGCGGTGGGGTCACGTG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunny_merah19
4 Replies
PTARGREP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PTARGREP(1)

NAME
ptargrep - Apply pattern matching to the contents of files in a tar archive SYNOPSIS
ptargrep [options] <pattern> <tar file> ... Options: --basename|-b ignore directory paths from archive --ignore-case|-i do case-insensitive pattern matching --list-only|-l list matching filenames rather than extracting matches --verbose|-v write debugging message to STDERR --help|-? detailed help message DESCRIPTION
This utility allows you to apply pattern matching to the contents of files contained in a tar archive. You might use this to identify all files in an archive which contain lines matching the specified pattern and either print out the pathnames or extract the files. The pattern will be used as a Perl regular expression (as opposed to a simple grep regex). Multiple tar archive filenames can be specified - they will each be processed in turn. OPTIONS
--basename (alias -b) When matching files are extracted, ignore the directory path from the archive and write to the current directory using the basename of the file from the archive. Beware: if two matching files in the archive have the same basename, the second file extracted will overwrite the first. --ignore-case (alias -i) Make pattern matching case-insensitive. --list-only (alias -l) Print the pathname of each matching file from the archive to STDOUT. Without this option, the default behaviour is to extract each matching file. --verbose (alias -v) Log debugging info to STDERR. --help (alias -?) Display this documentation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Grant McLean <grantm@cpan.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 PTARGREP(1)