Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0 Post 303035952 by RecoveryOne on Monday 10th of June 2019 11:21:48 AM
Old 06-10-2019
First off AIX 5.2 is NOT my cup of tea.
I'm limited to 6.1 and 7.1 so there might be some differences and I can't state all commands will work as expected on AIX 5.2.

Let's try to dive in to the first issue. Missing mount points:
Code:
 Performing all automatic mounts
mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/fslv00 on /home: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
Replaying log for /dev/fslv01.
mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/fslv03 on /home/monitor_logs: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/archdwdg_S_01 on /usr/hacmp_fs/archdw_dg: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/archdg_S_01 on /usr/hacmp_fs/arch_dg: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

So, you posted above that you had a disk failure. How many disks are attached to this system?
Looking above its unable to find some of your logical volumes/filesystems. Do you know where those underlying physical disks that supported those filesystems reside?

What product or how did you backup the system to tape? Are there any exclude statements?
Lets take a look at the output of the following commands:
lspv
lsvg

For each volume group defined in lsvg, lets do a lsvg <volume group name>, followed up by a lsvg -l <volume groupname>

lsfs

And lastly, lets see if there's an exclude file for your rootvg
Code:
cat /etc/exclude.rootvg

If all those happy logical volumes lived on SAN and everything is zoned correctly, there's a very good chance that they are there and fine, you just need to use importvg.

The adapter configuration errors appear to be related to the RSCT (HACMP) issues, and that might be related to your missing logical volumes.

Last edited by RecoveryOne; 06-10-2019 at 12:38 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to RecoveryOne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

LAN Adapter

Im newest in unix, Please, give me solution for installing lan adapter if driver not found in the list of ethernet drivers ihave unix driver in a dos diskete please give me the other solution and tell me where the domain of unix class online, so ican read from it. Thank's very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade_muhdiat
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Creator 3D Video Adapter

Hi everyone, it's me the Solaris novice once again. Here's my situation. - I bought a Sun Ultra 10 Creator 3D Workstation and Sony 19" SVGA Monitor package deal. - The system has the Creator 3D Video Adapter installed but I could not use it because the adapter has a 13w3 connection and my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

what is an adapter?

Hi , Hi what is an adapter?what is its use ? How to log into a tibco server from unix home directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter

Hi all, I got sort of a task to do. I have to write in C "simulated network driver". What does it mean? - It has to run on all network adapters - It has to be as simple as it can be - It has to run on all linux distributions (or at least most of them) - It does not have to run a network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
4 Replies

6. SCO

Installing LAN adapter

I inserted a PCI Realtek RTL8139 network adapter on a PC running SCO Openserver 5.0.6. I successfully loaded drivers and I'm trying to install the card with netconfig command, unfortunately without success. Here are the steps I follow to install the card: I run netconfig, from menu 'hardware'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kampus
2 Replies

7. Hardware

SCSI Ultra320 80->68 adapter

I need to connect 80pin SCA Ultra320 SCSI hdd to 68pin. There are rumors that some bad "passive" adapters with problematic termination can fry the HDD. The adapter we got is Assmann ABSCA-2. Hard drive is 'Fujitsu MAW3073NC' Do we need to set any jumpers before turning it on? We already had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

8. AIX

Dedicate graphics adapter ?

Hello, Runing VIO and couple lpars on POWER blade. I want to dedicate graphics adapter(ati0) to one lpar. Is that possible ? I tried to do that using IVM (I/O Adapter Management->View/Modify Physical Adapters->Modify partition assignment): Failed to remove adapter U78A6.001.WIH4088-P2-C8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

9. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ethernet Adapter not detected.

Hi, I have installed Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 in my PC. After the installation the Ethernet Card is not got detected. But I could able to get the details using the command lspci -a: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0). But I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
4 Replies
rmmount(1)							   User Commands							rmmount(1)

NAME
rmmount, rmumount - mounts and unmounts removable media SYNOPSIS
rmmount [-u] [-o options] [nickname | device] [mount_point] rmmount [-d] [-l] rmumount [nickname | mount_point | device] rmumount [-d] [-l] DESCRIPTION
The rmmount and rmumount utilities mount and unmount removable or hot-pluggable volumes. The optional argument can identify the volume by its volume label, mount point or block device path. rmmount can also take additional mount options if the user has sufficient privileges to override the default mount options. Unmounting removable media does not result in its ejection. Use eject(1) to optionally unmount and eject the media. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for rmmount and rmumount: -d Display the device path of the default device. This device is used if no arguments are supplied. -l Display the paths and nicknames of mountable devices. The following options are supported for rmmount only: -o options Display mount options. This option can only be used by users that have privileges to override the system default options. -u Unmounts the volume as opposed to mounting it. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: device Specifies which device to mount or unmount, by the name it appears in the directory /dev. mount_point Specifies which device to mount or unmount, by the name it appears in the directory /dev. nickname Specifies which device to mount or unmount, by its nickname as known to this command. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Mounting a USB disk The following example mounts a USB disk with a volume label of PHOTOS: example% rmmount PHOTOS Example 2 Unmounting a pcfs Volume The following example unmounts a pcfs volume by device path: example% rmumount /dev/dsk/c4t0d0p0:1 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/media Default mount root. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrmvolmgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
eject(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 18 Sep 2006 rmmount(1)