Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Facing abnormality in Find command Post 303035951 by Peasant on Monday 10th of June 2019 11:02:14 AM
Old 06-10-2019
The files being found are deleted before the find finishes i guess.
Are you sure you are not running multiple scripts against those folders, altering content with each ?

As for the storage part, you would need metrics from operating system before and after the change.

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing problem with cut command

hi , i used ls -ltr | cut -f 1 > \dev\tty but all teh coulmns r getting printed instead of only one........how can i resolve this? prob 2 : wud be able start cutting from last field......supposing in the case of dyanmic list.i dunno the field number of last column.......so is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing in using awk command

Hi., I am not able to replace the string with another string using gsub fn of awk command. My code: awk 'BEGIN gsub(004,IND,004)' p.txt and my i/p file p.txt is of the format: av|004|adkf|Kent,004|s av|005|ssdf|Kd,IT park|s . . . and my desired o/p should be of : (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
13 Replies

6. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormality while piping tr command output to sed

i have a file seperated each line seperated by newline. For example alpha beta gamma i am trying to replace the newlines to "," but dont want , present at the end of the line so i am trying the below one liner . but not sure whats wrong but its not working cat myfile | tr -s '\n' ',' | sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

10. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)