Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Facing abnormality in Find command Post 303035950 by Anirban2208 on Monday 10th of June 2019 10:45:17 AM
Old 06-10-2019
Facing abnormality in Find command

Whenever the below command is being executed by a scheduler at UNIX environment, we are getting below error
Code:
cd /tmp/log
find . -ignore_readdir_race ! -name . -prune -iname 'XYZ*' -type f -mtime +4 -printf "%f\n"
./tmpfile.script_name.2.31885.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory
./tmpfile.script_name.1.31885.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory
./tmpfile.script_name.1.31869.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory
./tmpfile.script_name.1.31879.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory
./tmpfile.script_name.2.31869.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory
./tmpfile.script_name.2.31879.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory
Aborted after 00:00:14: ERROR listing files for XYZ* in /tmp/log

But interestingly XYZ* files are present in the current directory /tmp/log
what could be the reason behind the find command failing ?
This command was working pretty fine until our UNIX storage server was changed from one vendor to other

Last edited by rbatte1; 06-18-2019 at 09:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing problem with cut command

hi , i used ls -ltr | cut -f 1 > \dev\tty but all teh coulmns r getting printed instead of only one........how can i resolve this? prob 2 : wud be able start cutting from last field......supposing in the case of dyanmic list.i dunno the field number of last column.......so is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing in using awk command

Hi., I am not able to replace the string with another string using gsub fn of awk command. My code: awk 'BEGIN gsub(004,IND,004)' p.txt and my i/p file p.txt is of the format: av|004|adkf|Kent,004|s av|005|ssdf|Kd,IT park|s . . . and my desired o/p should be of : (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
13 Replies

6. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormality while piping tr command output to sed

i have a file seperated each line seperated by newline. For example alpha beta gamma i am trying to replace the newlines to "," but dont want , present at the end of the line so i am trying the below one liner . but not sure whats wrong but its not working cat myfile | tr -s '\n' ',' | sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

10. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
FINDRULE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       FINDRULE(1)

NAME
findrule - command line wrapper to File::Find::Rule USAGE
findrule [path...] [expression] DESCRIPTION
"findrule" mostly borrows the interface from GNU find(1) to provide a command-line interface onto the File::Find::Rule heirarchy of modules. The syntax for expressions is the rule name, preceded by a dash, followed by an optional argument. If the argument is an opening parenthesis it is taken as a list of arguments, terminated by a closing parenthesis. Some examples: find -file -name ( foo bar ) files named "foo" or "bar", below the current directory. find -file -name foo -bar files named "foo", that have pubs (for this is what our ficticious "bar" clause specifies), below the current directory. find -file -name ( -bar ) files named "-bar", below the current directory. In this case if we'd have omitted the parenthesis it would have parsed as a call to name with no arguments, followed by a call to -bar. Supported switches I'm very slack. Please consult the File::Find::Rule manpage for now, and prepend - to the commands that you want. Extra bonus switches findrule automatically loads all of your installed File::Find::Rule::* extension modules, so check the documentation to see what those would be. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> from a suggestion by Tatsuhiko Miyagawa COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 FINDRULE(1)