Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? UNIX.com Hello World HUD YT Video Post 303035912 by wisecracker on Saturday 8th of June 2019 12:21:17 PM
Old 06-08-2019
Hi Neo...

Nice... <Thumbs Up>

And have subscribed...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to unix world

Need a lot of help, need to find information on unix and how to use it, Has anybody ues the learnkey videos on unix teaching. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: winter
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Click here for the best unix in the world!!!!

To anyone who asks which Unix is the best... or which one I should use... Probably the best timeline I have ever seen. Read this link... http://www.levenez.com/unix/history.html#08 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new user to the next generation of the new WORLD UNIX

am a windows Prof .... i deside to go with the UNIX .... but how can i start ......plz help me ........ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ekarak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in the banking world

Hi I have recently joined a bank as a tester. Initially I will be working on some test scripts and then I will be testing their data warehouse using SQL and Unix. I do have a very basic knowledge and understanding of both unix and sql. I am not sure how I will be using Unix to test their ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Language of the Unix World should Change

We should put an end to saying "orphan", "kill child", "zombie". Anyone, We should change the awful metaphors used in the language of managing Unix processes. I believe that this still humbly local initiative hides a great importance of how the world of Unix looks and feels to every user. ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonank
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on unix scripting. I am at hello world level. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Need to automate the following steps (OS--> AIX ) 1. cd /advx/R8.1MR2/TOP/logs ( I navigate to this directory) 2. Monitor the current date ULOG for specific error pattern => ls -lrt ULOG.08* -rw-rw-rw- 1 vssrt vssgrp 24370 Aug 01 23:57 ULOG.080112 -rw-rw-rw- 1 vssrt vssgrp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krchakr
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World By John Loeffler

Nice UNIX history article by John Loeffler, February, 05th 2019 UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World The most widely used operating system in the world was a project born out of failure. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
pods::SDL::Overlay(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   pods::SDL::Overlay(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Overlay - YUV Video overlay CATEGORY Core, Video, Structure SYNOPSIS
First import the following modules to get access to constants and functions needed for overlay. use SDL; use SDL::Video; use SDL::Overlay; Init the video subsystem. SDL::Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO); Create a display to use. my $display = SDL::Video::set_video_mode(640, 480, 32, SDL_SWSURFACE); Create and attach the display to a new overlay my $overlay = SDL::Overlay->new( 100, 100, SDL_YV12_OVERLAY, $display); DESCRIPTION
A "SDL_Overlay" allows for video rendering on an "SDL_Surface" which is a display. The term 'overlay' is a misnomer since, unless the overlay is created in hardware, the contents for the display surface underneath the area where the overlay is shown will be overwritten when the overlay is displayed. METHODS
new ( $width, $height, $YUV_flag, $display) The constructor creates a SDL::Overlay of the specified width, height and format (see "YUV_Flags" list below of available formats), for the provided display. Note the 'display' argument needs to actually be the surface created by "SDL::Video::SetVideoMode" otherwise this function will segfault. my $overlay = SDL::Overlay->new( $width, $height, $YUV_flag, $display ); YUV_Flags More information on YUV formats can be found at <http://www.fourcc.org/indexyuv.htm> . o SDL_YV12_OVERLAY 0x32315659 /* Planar mode: Y + V + U */ o SDL_IYUV_OVERLAY 0x56555949 /* Planar mode: Y + U + V */ o SDL_YUY2_OVERLAY 0x32595559 /* Packed mode: Y0+U0+Y1+V0 */ o SDL_UYVY_OVERLAY 0x59565955 /* Packed mode: U0+Y0+V0+Y1 */ o SDL_YVYU_OVERLAY 0x55595659 /* Packed mode: Y0+V0+Y1+U0 */ format Overlay format (see YUV_Flags) w, h Width and height of overlay planes Number of planes in the overlay. Usually either 1 or 3 pitches An array of pitches, one for each plane. Pitch is the length of a row in bytes. pixels As of release 2.3 direct right to overlay is disable. An array of pointers to the data of each plane. The overlay should be locked before these pointers are used. see SDL::Video::lock_YUV_overlay, SDL::Video::unload_YUV_overlay hw_overlay This will be set to 1 if the overlay is hardware accelerated. AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Overlay(3pm)