Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Print Line as per the dependent sequence in shell script. Post 303035897 by RudiC on Friday 7th of June 2019 11:41:49 AM
Old 06-07-2019
More guessing than reading / understanding / knowing your spec, I came up with

Code:
awk '{D[$1,$2]++; for (n=split($6, T, ";"); n; n--) if (T[n] in D) print}' SUBSEP="/" file

. Works?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/shell script to print each line to a file

Dear People, My query is: have a file, which looks likes this: 10 20 30 40 50 1 2 3 4 5 100 200 300 400 500 what i need is: "PRINT EACH LINE TO AN UNIQUE FILE" desired output: file 1 10 20 30 40 50 file 2 1 2 3 4 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script - print the line number along with the line

Hi, I want to print the line number with the pattern of the line on a same line using multi-patterns in sed. But i don't know how to do it. For example, I have a file abc def ghi I want to print 1 abc 2 def 3 ghi I know how to write it one line code, but i don't know how to put... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntpntp
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pipe separated list as line by line in Korn Shell

Korn Shell in AIX 6.1 I want to print the below shown pipe (|) separated list line by line. line=es349889|nhb882309|ts00293|snh03524|bg578835|bg37900|rnh00297|py882201|sg175883 for i in line do echo "Hello $line " done I wanted to execute the above for loop. But i can't even set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sequence number merged with hypen, shell script

Hello Folks, i have to write shell scripting for given expected output manner. in given input we have to write shell script in such a way that sequence no can b merged/link between start and end digit with hyphen "-" symbol and rest of digit separated by "," Eg : For Input "2 6 7 8 11 12... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchalh
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out missing files in a sequence

Hello all, I have several directories with a sequence of files like this IM-0001-0001.dcm IM-0001-0002.dcm IM-0001-0003.dcm IM-0001-0004.dcm IM-0001-0005.dcm I would like to print out the name of the file that is missing. I currently have the following ineffecient way to do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script -print line when $2 > $2 of previous line

Hi all, From a while loop I am reading a sorted file where I want to print only the lines that have $1 match and $2 only when the difference from $2 from the previous line is > 30. Input would be like ... AN237 010 193019 0502 1 CSU Amoxycillin AN237 080 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gafoleyo73
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print combinations of alphabets in a sequence

Hi Friends, I have a series of alphabets like this AGCAA The values inside the square brace indicate that either of them can be present at that position. And those ones without a brace, means that they are the only ones that could be printed at that location. Now, I would like to know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will shell script executes in sequence

I have a shell script scheduled in cron job to run at every 1 minute which transfers files to remote machine and then move the files to backup folder. cd /u01/app/ftp_tmp sftp user@hostname <<-EOF cd /home/user/ftp mput * bye EOF mv /u01/app/ftp_tmp/* /u01/app/ftp_bkp Now the problem is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhavi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)