Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0 Post 303035892 by hicksd8 on Friday 7th of June 2019 04:44:38 AM
Old 06-07-2019
Firstly, let me say that I'm not familiar with your specific hardware platform so this is a generic answer.

What kind of hardware problem did you have? Did it result in changing the motherboard (mobo)?

If so, did you put the add-on adapters into the same slots as on the old one?

Is there a BIOS or other configuration program that allows you to set the bus address and IRQs for those slots?

If so, and they're now set differently then that's probably your issue.

Last edited by hicksd8; 06-07-2019 at 06:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

LAN Adapter

Im newest in unix, Please, give me solution for installing lan adapter if driver not found in the list of ethernet drivers ihave unix driver in a dos diskete please give me the other solution and tell me where the domain of unix class online, so ican read from it. Thank's very much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ade_muhdiat
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Which SCSI Adapter?

Hi. I need to find a simple SCSI adapter card for a Sun Ultra 5 workstation. I don't need the type w/ ethernet attached (e.g. X1032) as I already have ethernet onboard & they are more spendy. I know Adaptec is out, but what unit would work? I am attaching an external SCSI tape unit to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Plain Person
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Creator 3D Video Adapter

Hi everyone, it's me the Solaris novice once again. Here's my situation. - I bought a Sun Ultra 10 Creator 3D Workstation and Sony 19" SVGA Monitor package deal. - The system has the Creator 3D Video Adapter installed but I could not use it because the adapter has a 13w3 connection and my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

what is an adapter?

Hi , Hi what is an adapter?what is its use ? How to log into a tibco server from unix home directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simulated driver for Network Interface Adapter

Hi all, I got sort of a task to do. I have to write in C "simulated network driver". What does it mean? - It has to run on all network adapters - It has to be as simple as it can be - It has to run on all linux distributions (or at least most of them) - It does not have to run a network... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
4 Replies

6. SCO

Installing LAN adapter

I inserted a PCI Realtek RTL8139 network adapter on a PC running SCO Openserver 5.0.6. I successfully loaded drivers and I'm trying to install the card with netconfig command, unfortunately without success. Here are the steps I follow to install the card: I run netconfig, from menu 'hardware'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kampus
2 Replies

7. Hardware

SCSI Ultra320 80->68 adapter

I need to connect 80pin SCA Ultra320 SCSI hdd to 68pin. There are rumors that some bad "passive" adapters with problematic termination can fry the HDD. The adapter we got is Assmann ABSCA-2. Hard drive is 'Fujitsu MAW3073NC' Do we need to set any jumpers before turning it on? We already had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

8. AIX

Dedicate graphics adapter ?

Hello, Runing VIO and couple lpars on POWER blade. I want to dedicate graphics adapter(ati0) to one lpar. Is that possible ? I tried to do that using IVM (I/O Adapter Management->View/Modify Physical Adapters->Modify partition assignment): Failed to remove adapter U78A6.001.WIH4088-P2-C8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

9. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ethernet Adapter not detected.

Hi, I have installed Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 in my PC. After the installation the Ethernet Card is not got detected. But I could able to get the details using the command lspci -a: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0). But I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
4 Replies
pcmcia(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						 pcmcia(7)

NAME
pcmcia - Guidelines for adding PCMCIA cards DESCRIPTION
This reference page provides detailed instructions on adding PCMCIA card support to certain processors. Supported Configurations PCMCIA (PC Card) support is limited to the following capabilities: Support of selected ISA to PCMCIA bridge adapters Support on the follow- ing platforms: AlphaStation 255 AlphaStation 200 AlphaStation 400 AlphaStation 600 AlphaServer 1000 One modem card, specifically Megahertz XJ2288 (28.8kpbs) Hot swap capability of PC Cards. Configuring a PCMCIA Adapter Board from the Console Before inserting the PCMCIA adapter board into your system, make sure to read the manual that came with the adapter from the adapter vendor and follow the instructions on how to connect the cables and install the board. Check your system documentation to find out what kind of bus is available in your system and use the appropriate ISA or EISA instructions. Configuring a PCMCIA on an ISA Bus System If your system has an ISA (Industry Standard Architecture) bus, use the following procedure to configure a card: If the system is an ISA bus system, the isacfg utility from the console must be used to configure the PCMCIA adapter. Insert the PCMCIA adapter board in an ISA slot in the system and turn on the system. To add a PCMCIA option to the platforms with an ISA bus, issue the following ISA option card configuration command at the console. The following example uses an AlphaStation 200 platform, but the commands should be the same in all three ISA bus platforms. >>> isacfg -slot 1 -etyp 1 -dev 0 -mk -iobase0 3e0 / -irq0 14 -enadev 1 -handle PCIC-PCMCIA If the system is already using slot 1, select an unused slot number. The IRQ (interrupt) number must not conflict with interrupt numbers assigned to other default devices on the system. The system hardware manual usually indicates which IRQ numbers are already assigned. The recommended IRQ number for the PCMCIA adapter is 14 (decimal). If IRQ 14 is already used, the next best choice is IRQ 10 (if 10 is not already used by other devices). When you issue the above isacfg command, the console should print out the following line or something similar: type >>>init to use these changes After reinitializing the console, you can verify that you configured the PCMCIA adapter correctly by issuing the following command: >>>isacfg -slot 1 You should see the following screen display: ============================================================= handle: PCIC-PCMCIA etyp: 1 slot: 1 dev: 0 enadev: 1 totdev: 1 iobase0: 3e0 membase0: 8000000000000000 iobase1: 8000000000000000 memlen0: 8000000000000000 iobase2: 8000000000000000 membase1: 8000000000000000 iobase3: 8000000000000000 memlen1: 8000000000000000 iobase4: 8000000000000000 membase2: 8000000000000000 iobase5: 8000000000000000 memlen2: 8000000000000000 rombase: 8000000000000000 romlen: 8000000000000000 dmamode0/chan0: 80000000 irq0: 14 dmamode1/chan1: 80000000 irq1: 80000000 dmamode2/chan2: 80000000 irq2: 80000000 dmamode3/chan3: 80000000 irq3: 80000000 ============================================================= >>> Configuring a PCMCIA on an EISA Bus System If you are installing the PCMCIA adapter on a computer with an EISA (Extended Industry Standard Architecture) bus, use the EISA Configura- tion Utility (ECU) to configure it. Invoke the EISA Configuration Utility (ECU), and specify that the PCMCIA adapter is present. Next, pro- vide a pointer to the aisa3000.cfg configuration file. Refer to your system hardware documentation for complete instructions on how to run the ECU program. Setting up a PCMCIA Modem PC Card for Use A PCMCIA Card is a dynamic device, not a static device that is present all the time in the system hardware). The serial-line device driver is a static device driver. Therefore, there will not be a corresponding acex entry created automatically when the first custom kernel is configured. This is because the system has no knowledge of the PCMCIA device at this time. To automatically create the acex entry for your PCMCIA fax/modem card: Ensure that you have the PCMCIA adapter configured in the console. Insert the PCMCIA fax/modem card into the slot. For example, if you insert a fax/modem card in the slot 0 before automatically building the initial target kernel, the resulting kernel configuration file will contain the following line item: controller ace2 at pcmcia0 slot 0 vector aceintr The installation will also create the device special file for this fax/modem card in the directory named /dev. Using the ls command, you can display the file as follows: # ls -gl /dev/tty02 crw-rw-rw- 1 root system 35, 2 Oct 16 13:22 tty02 If you did not have the PCMCIA fax/modem card inserted in the slot during System installation, add the following line to your system kernel configuration file (/sys/conf/HOSTNAME where HOSTNAME is the name of your system): controller ace2 at * slot ? vector aceintr If you plan to use two modem cards simultaneously, add the following lines to your system configuration file: controller ace2 at * slot ? vector aceintr controller ace3 at * slot ? vector aceintr After modifying the system configuration file, use the following command to rebuild the new kernel and reboot the system: # doconfig -c Creating a Device Special File for the Modem Card Normally the system installation creates the following default tty0x device special files in the directory /dev: crw-rw-rw- 1 root system 35, 0 Oct 16 13:22 tty00 crw-rw-rw- 1 root system 35, 1 Oct 16 13:22 tty01 Two lines are present because most systems have two embedded serial lines. A system with a single embedded serial line creates only one tty00 entry in the /dev directory. To create additional device special files for the PCMCIA modem cards, use the MAKEDEV utility in the /dev directory. For example: # ./MAKEDEV ace2 MAKEDEV: special file(s) for ace2: tty02 The generated special file should look as follows: crw-rw-rw- 1 root system 35, 2 Oct 27 14:02 tty02 If you intend to have two PCMCIA modem cards working simultaneously, create device special files for each card. For example: # ./MAKEDEV ace2 ace3 MAKEDEV: special file(s) for ace2: tty02 MAKEDEV: special file(s) for ace3: tty03 The generated special files should look as follows: crw-rw-rw- 1 root system 35, 2 Oct 27 14:02 tty02 crw-rw-rw- 1 root system 35, 3 Oct 27 14:02 tty03 Updating the /etc/remote File You must edit the /etc/remote file to add new access line definitions for the PCMCIA modem cards. If you have a 28.8kpb modem card and will be using the full speed, set the baud rate (br) to 38400 in the /etc/remote file as follows: line2:dv=/dev/tty02:br#38400:pa=none Note that line2 can be any name you determine to be used with the tip command to establish a connection. Once you insert a PCMCIA modem card and the system configures the card, the card can be used as for any other modem devices. Inserting a PCMCIA Modem Card To use a PCMCIA modem card, insert the card to one of the PC Card slots in the PCMCIA adapter. Depending on the adapter type, there may be two front access card slots or one front access and one rear access card slot. When you insert the card into the slot 0, you should see the following message on the console terminal (or the Console Log window if using X11): # PCMCIA socket 0: card manufacturer: MEGAHERTZ product name: XJ2288 Configured: serial unit 2, type=16550A ace2 at pcmcia0 This example used the MEGAHERTZ XJ2288 fax/modem card. When you insert a modem card, an error message such as the following may appear on the Console Log window: socket 0: card manufacturer: MEGAHERTZ, unknown modem card inserted Using generic modem driver for this PC Card. PCMCIA socket 0: card manufacturer: MEGAHERTZ product name: XJ1144 socket 0: Couldn't find usable config. for this card. Please eject this PC Card. This error occurs if the card requires I/O resources that are already in use by other components in the system. If you see this error message, eject the card because it is not configured cor- rectly. A possible solution is to remove some other ISA/EISA devices in the system and reboot the system, freeing I/O resources that may be required. Removing a PCMCIA Modem Card Once you are finished using the modem card, push the button next to the card slot to eject it. You should see the following message on the console terminal or console Log window: # stray interrupt on unit=2, intr_id=0 PCMCIA socket 0: PC Card removed This message is not always displayed when you eject the card. It only happens if the serial line driver generates an interrupt when the card ejected. RESTRICTIONS
The following restrictions apply in this release: No support is provided for loadable device drivers for PC Cards. If the system does not have any available IRQ (interrupt) numbers to assign to the PCMCIA devices, you cannot configure PCMCIA devices. To support one PCMCIA adapter the system must have at least three unused IRQ numbers available. One IRQ is for the adapter and the other two are for each PCMCIA socket. Tru64 UNIX can support two PCMCIA adapters in a system provided that the necessary resources are available. In some systems, availability of interrupt lines will prohibit the use of multiple adapters. If you have sufficient resources and are going to support two adapters, configure the second adapter should to use the I/O address 3E2. To use fax functions in a fax/modem PC card, a commercial UNIX fax application software program is required. The Megahertz XJ2288 is the only modem card fully qualified on Tru64 UNIX. However, other modem cards of similar type (both 14.4kpbs and 28.8kpbs) may work. The following is the list of modem cards that are known to work: Model XJ2288, from MEGAHERTZ Model XJ1144, from MEGAHERTZ KeepInTouch Cardcard from ATT Paradyne PCMCIA V.32bis 14,400 Fax The selected ISA to PCMCIA bridge adapters are from SCM Microsystems. The SWAPBOX CLASSIC X2 Model MMCD-D2, which has the following features: 3.5 inch front access Two slots (type II + type III) PC card socket Standard PC-AT 16-bit ISA bus interface PCMCIA Revision 2.X and ExCA compliant The SWAPBOX PREMIUM COMBO Model MMCD-FC2 has the following features: 3.5 inch, 1.44 Mbyte Floppy Drive Support. One Type I, II, or III front- access PC card socket One Type I, II, or III rear-access PC card socket Standard PC-AT 16-bit ISA bus interface PCMCIA Revision 2.X and ExCA compliant Other ISA to PCMCIA bridge adapters using the Intel i82365SL or a compatible device may also work. FILES
The kernel configuration file, in which the adapter is defined. The device special file for the PCMCIA card. The line definitions file for the modem device. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: MAKEDEV(8) delim off pcmcia(7)