Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sub-folder in share disappears when mounting to other server Post 303035825 by Wim_123 on Tuesday 4th of June 2019 07:15:56 AM
Old 06-04-2019
Sub-folder in share disappears when mounting to other server

Hello,

I have 3 solaris 11.2 servers:
  • 1 and 2: are just fileservers with 1 zfs-share
  • server 3: i want to use this one to connect to the rest of our network (windows machines and a few solaris machines)

I created the shares on all servers like this (x needs to be replace with the number of the server; jobsx = jobs1 on server 1):
Code:
zfs create rpool/jobsx
zfs set share=name=jobsx,path=/rpool/jobsx,prot=smb,guestok=true rpool/jobsx
zfs set sharesmb=on rpool/jobsx
zfs set share=name=jobsx,path=/rpool/jobsx,prot=nfs rpool/jobsx
zfs set sharenfs=on rpool/jobsx

On server 3:
Mount the shares from server1 and server2 to a sub-folder :
Code:
mount server1:/rpool/jobs1/ /rpool/jobs3/server1
mount server2:/rpool/jobs2/ /rpool/jobs3/server2

On server3 i can see the files from server 1 and 2 but when i do a mount to server3 on a other solaris in the network i can't see the sub-folders in /rpool/jobs3 (idem when i try to connect from a windows machine)

How can i resolve this?

Regards
Wim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Mounting CIFS share

Is it possible to mount a samba share on a solaris system? I know this is possible with Linux using a fstype of smbfs. I am trying to aviod having to share the same directories via cifs and nfs on a solaris box to windows and solaris clients. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting an NFS share: Kickstart Postinstall

For my kickstart install I use an NFS share on another machine in order to install the packages. For the most part, all configuration required after each time I reimage is set up in the kickstart file, but this one portion is giving me issues. I'm trying to mount an NFS share in the kickstart post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

6. Solaris

mounting windows share folder

please help me,,i need step to mount windows share folder,,i try samba and nfs and it didnt work (in my linux server the command is fine),,can somenone give me an example for this to be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] error while mounting windows share on linux

Hi whan i am trying to mount a windows share on linux i received the following error can some one help me with thsi # mount -t cifs \\\\servername\testdata -o username=xw27,password=*es*feed /test Mounting the DFS root for a particular server not implemented yet No ip address specified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting 2012R2 NFS Share on Solaris 10

Hi all, new here. I'm attempting to mount an NFS share I've created on a 2012r2 esx VM on my solaris 10 vm, I'm using the following command: mount 2012box:/sharename /mnt and I get the following result: nfs mount: mount: /mnt: Operation not supported Both vms can ping one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a samba share

Hi, I need to mount a directory from a Windows server to a CentOS box. The Windows server used is Windows Server 2003, and the path to the directory that I want to mount on CentOS is C:\Tomcat6\webapps\NASApp\logs. I am not sure of the correct way to mount this on CentOS, as most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
ntp.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						       ntp.conf(5)

Name
       ntp.conf - Network Time Protocol configuration file

Description
       The  file  is the configuration file for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) daemon, This file must be configured on your system before running
       Any host names that you specify in the file must have an entry in the file, or an entry in the master database, if the  database  is  being
       served to your system by BIND/Hesiod or Yellow Pages.

The file has four entry formats:

trusting no
	    This entry guarantees that your system synchronizes only to the NTP servers identified in the peer and server entries specified.  Dig-
	    ital recommends that all systems include the entry.

peer server
	    This entry identifies server as one of the NTP servers that your system trusts, and from which your system will accept  time  synchro-
	    nization.	 Your  system  may  also  provide time synchronization to this server.	Servers can be identified by host name or internet
	    address.

NTP servers should be configured with entries.

server server
	    This entry identifies server as one of the NTP servers that your system trusts, and from which your system will accept  time  synchro-
	    nization.	Your  system  can  not	provide  time  synchronization to this server.	Servers can be identified by host name or internet
	    address.

NTP clients should be configured with entries.

peer   /dev/null       LOCL    1       -5      local
	    This entry identifies your system as a local reference clock.  A local reference clock is the most accurate system clock available	at
	    your  site.   If you receive time synchronization from the Internet NTP service, you should not include this entry on any of your sys-
	    tems.  At most, one system in a set of nodes running should be identified as a local reference clock.

A host which specifies this entry should not specify any or entries.

Examples
       This is a sample configuration file for an NTP client which receives time synchronization from the NTP servers: and Lines beginning with  a
       number sign (#) are comments.
       #
       #	       NTP  Configuration File
       #	This file is mandatory for the ntpd daemon
       #
       #
       #
       #   **  A L L  **
       #
       #  "trusting no" prevents this host from synchronizing
       #   to any host that is not listed below.  It is recommended
       #   that all hosts include the line "trusting no".
       #
       trusting no
       #
       #
       #    **	S E R V E R  **
       #
       #  If you are configuring a server, use "peer" entries to
       #  synchronize to other NTP servers.  For example, server1,
       #  server2, and server3.
       #
       #peer	      server1
       #peer	      server2
       #peer	      server3
       #
       #
       #
       #
       #    **	C L I E N T  **
       #
       #  If you are configuring a client, use "server" entries to
       #  synchronize to NTP servers.  For example, server1, server2,
       #  and server3.
       #
       server	      server1
       server	      server2
       server	      server3
       #
       #
       #
       #    **	L O C A L   R E F E R E N C E	C L O C K  **
       #
       #  If you are configuring a local reference clock, include the
       #  following entry and the "trusting no" entry ONLY.
       #
       #peer	 /dev/null LOCL 1    -5   local
       #

See Also
       ntp(1), ntpd(8), ntpdc(8)
       RFC 1129--Internet time synchronization:  The Network Time Protocol
       Introduction to Networking and Distributed System Services

ntp.conf(5)