Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Local zone is not logging systems messages to /var/adm/messages Post 303035805 by samthewildone on Monday 3rd of June 2019 07:10:43 PM
Old 06-03-2019

Also checked the log provided within svcs and nothing out of the ordinary

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi, I have a SunFire V490, Solaris 10 with XP1024 storage and HP Library. I have noticed the following error messages in the /var/adm/messages file. These errors are being generated constantly. Also commands like devfsadm, format cfgadm etc are getting hung. After a reboot it works fine for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Info req: /var/adm/messages - Kern.warning - different ID messages

Hi all, where I can find a list and meaning of the ID number (for example ID 353554 kern.warning)? Thanks in advance Pierluigi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Petrucci
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help understanding [daemon.warning] messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi I've been using solaris for a few days now. During the install process i had some problems configuring my nic as i needed to install a third-party driver, which i got from a a linked site from the Sun Device Detector tool a ran prior to installing. I got it working eventually, but i'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
1 Replies

4. Solaris

[kern.warning] messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi Having looked through the log file /var/adm/messages i've noticed these kernel warning messages and i don't know what they mean: !-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> cpudrv: NOTICE: cpu_acpi: _TSS package not found. cpudrv: WARNING:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
1 Replies

5. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

uamod messages in /var/adm/messages

Hello, I am using Solaris 10 and I'm geting the folowing error in /var/adm/messages. Feb 12 09:01:18 srp21ce1 uamod: NOTICE: (uamod480 @ Q 0x600159db710) set threshold to default values Feb 12 09:01:18 srp21ce1 uamod: NOTICE: (uamod480 @ Q 0x600159db710) threshold values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshibelul
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/var/adm/messages vs /var/log/messages

The /var/adm/messages in Solaris seem to log more system messages/errors compared to /var/log/messages in Linux. I checked the log level in Linux and they seem OK. Is there any other log file that contains the messages or is it just that Linux doesn't log great many things? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why there are /var/adm/messages.0,messages.1,messages.2,messages.3

Hi folks, In what circumstance does the log move to /var/adm/messages.0.......messages.1,messages.2,messages.3 .......etc ---------- Post updated at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:17 PM ---------- To make my questions more understandable, What are the processes that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
4 Replies
brands(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 brands(5)

NAME
brands - alternate operating environments for non-global zones DESCRIPTION
The branded zone (BrandZ) framework extends the Solaris Zones infrastructure described in zones(5) to include the creation of brands, which provide non-global zones that contain non-native operating environments. The term "brand" can refer to a wide range of operating environments. All brand management is performed as extensions to the current zones structure. Every zone is configured with an associated brand. The brand type is used to determine which scripts are executed when a zone is installed and booted. In addition, a zone's brand is used to properly identify the correct application type at application launch time. The default is the native brand. A branded zone will support exactly one brand of non-native binary, which means that a branded zone provides a single operating environ- ment. Once a zone has been assigned a brand, that brand cannot be changed or removed. BrandZ extends the zones tools in the following ways: o A brand is an attribute of a zone, set at zone create time. o The zonecfg tool (see zonecfg(1M)) is used to set a zone's brand type and configure the zone. o The zoneadm tool (see zoneadm(1M)) is used to report a zone's brand type and administer the zone. Device Support The devices supported by each zone are documented in the man pages and other documentation for that brand. The zones infrastructure detects any attempt to add an unsupported device and issues a warning to the administrator. If the administrator chooses to add an unsupported device despite that warning, that device might or might not work as expected. The configuration will be untested and unsupported. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), in.rlogind(1M), sshd(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), kill(2), priocntl(2), getzoneid(3C), ucred_get(3C), getzoneid(3C), proc(4), attributes(5), lx(5), native(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D), crgetzoneid(9F) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 brands(5)