Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need assistance with an IF statement to compare a list of SHA keys between two repositories. Post 303035804 by Query on Monday 3rd of June 2019 05:47:22 PM
Old 06-03-2019
That worked! Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very urgent :- How to compare string using if statement

Hi How can i compare a string using if statement in a script? For eg: I have filename="abc.sh" if ;then { ....... ....... } fi but this doesnot work .. How will i execute this ?? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK statement formatting assistance

I am writing a script that ssh's out to our various servers and extracts diskspace info to generate into a report. With the mix of servers linux/solairs 8-10/AIX the easiest way is to use df -k (though I much rather prefer df -h). I have pasted the relevant code: dfdata=`ssh -q -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files column to column based on keys

Here is my situation. I need to compare two tab separated files (diff is not useful since there could be known difference between files). I have found similar posts , but not fully matching.I was thinking of writing a shell script using cut and grep and while loop but after going thru posts it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackjack101
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

6. Linux

Convert MD5 password to SHA-512?

Hi, Is it possible to convert MD5 passwords to SHA-512? I'm about to migrate an old slackware server to Debian, then I noticed that they don't use same encryption method. I'm aware that I can change the encryption method in Debian to MD5, but as far as I understand SHA-512 is more secure,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings with space in if statement

DEV> vi test_if_statement.sh "test_if_statement.sh" 9 lines, 205 characters proc_out="Normal completion" proc_out_comp="Normal completion" echo 'proc_out:'$proc_out echo 'proc_out_comp:'$proc_out_comp if then echo 'match' else echo 'no_match' fi ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to make ldappasswd use {SHA} instead of {SSHA} for users passwords in openldap?

Is it possible to use {SHA} with ldappasswd? I didn't find responsible option in manual page and doc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

9. AIX

SHA-256-Base 64 Encryption

Hello Guys, I was trying to have an SHA256 encryption which further be encrypted into base 64 using AIX unix command shasum -a 256. What I found in this is my output is different than a website: "online-convertcom" Actually conversion from website is exactly matching my requirements but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krunal Patel
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to compare two strings

Hi, I am trying to do the following to see if "ip" is already present in a file. if ; then echo "hi" else echo "hello" fi I am seeing errors on the if statement. Can someone please correct the syntax for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waince
2 Replies
sigdist.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     sigdist.d(1m)

NAME
sigdist.d - signal distribution by process. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
sigdist.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that prints the number of signals recieved by process and signal number. This script is also available as /usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d, where it originates. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # sigdist.d FIELDS
SENDER process name of sender RECIPIENT process name of target SIG signal number, see signal(3head) COUNT number of signals sent BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "proc Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
sigdist.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
kill.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 1.00 Jun 09, 2005 sigdist.d(1m)