Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need assistance with an IF statement to compare a list of SHA keys between two repositories. Post 303035802 by Chubler_XL on Monday 3rd of June 2019 05:02:46 PM
Old 06-03-2019
You could use awk like this:

Code:
awk '
  FNR==1 { file++ }
  /^Package: / { p = substr($0,10) }
  /^Version: / { v = substr($0,10) }
  /^SHA256: / {
      c = substr($0, 9)
      if(file==1) C[c]
      else if(!(c in C))
        printf "Package: %s (%s) SHA256 %s not found in repo\n", p, v, c
}' <(curl [repo-file]) [address-of-local-repo-file]

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very urgent :- How to compare string using if statement

Hi How can i compare a string using if statement in a script? For eg: I have filename="abc.sh" if ;then { ....... ....... } fi but this doesnot work .. How will i execute this ?? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK statement formatting assistance

I am writing a script that ssh's out to our various servers and extracts diskspace info to generate into a report. With the mix of servers linux/solairs 8-10/AIX the easiest way is to use df -k (though I much rather prefer df -h). I have pasted the relevant code: dfdata=`ssh -q -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files column to column based on keys

Here is my situation. I need to compare two tab separated files (diff is not useful since there could be known difference between files). I have found similar posts , but not fully matching.I was thinking of writing a shell script using cut and grep and while loop but after going thru posts it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackjack101
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

6. Linux

Convert MD5 password to SHA-512?

Hi, Is it possible to convert MD5 passwords to SHA-512? I'm about to migrate an old slackware server to Debian, then I noticed that they don't use same encryption method. I'm aware that I can change the encryption method in Debian to MD5, but as far as I understand SHA-512 is more secure,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings with space in if statement

DEV> vi test_if_statement.sh "test_if_statement.sh" 9 lines, 205 characters proc_out="Normal completion" proc_out_comp="Normal completion" echo 'proc_out:'$proc_out echo 'proc_out_comp:'$proc_out_comp if then echo 'match' else echo 'no_match' fi ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to make ldappasswd use {SHA} instead of {SSHA} for users passwords in openldap?

Is it possible to use {SHA} with ldappasswd? I didn't find responsible option in manual page and doc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

9. AIX

SHA-256-Base 64 Encryption

Hello Guys, I was trying to have an SHA256 encryption which further be encrypted into base 64 using AIX unix command shasum -a 256. What I found in this is my output is different than a website: "online-convertcom" Actually conversion from website is exactly matching my requirements but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krunal Patel
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to compare two strings

Hi, I am trying to do the following to see if "ip" is already present in a file. if ; then echo "hi" else echo "hello" fi I am seeing errors on the if statement. Can someone please correct the syntax for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waince
2 Replies
bytes(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						bytes(3pm)

NAME
bytes - Perl pragma to force byte semantics rather than character semantics NOTICE
This pragma reflects early attempts to incorporate Unicode into perl and has since been superseded. It breaks encapsulation (i.e. it exposes the innards of how the perl executable currently happens to store a string), and use of this module for anything other than debugging purposes is strongly discouraged. If you feel that the functions here within might be useful for your application, this possibly indicates a mismatch between your mental model of Perl Unicode and the current reality. In that case, you may wish to read some of the perl Unicode documentation: perluniintro, perlunitut, perlunifaq and perlunicode. SYNOPSIS
use bytes; ... chr(...); # or bytes::chr ... index(...); # or bytes::index ... length(...); # or bytes::length ... ord(...); # or bytes::ord ... rindex(...); # or bytes::rindex ... substr(...); # or bytes::substr no bytes; DESCRIPTION
The "use bytes" pragma disables character semantics for the rest of the lexical scope in which it appears. "no bytes" can be used to reverse the effect of "use bytes" within the current lexical scope. Perl normally assumes character semantics in the presence of character data (i.e. data that has come from a source that has been marked as being of a particular character encoding). When "use bytes" is in effect, the encoding is temporarily ignored, and each string is treated as a series of bytes. As an example, when Perl sees "$x = chr(400)", it encodes the character in UTF-8 and stores it in $x. Then it is marked as character data, so, for instance, "length $x" returns 1. However, in the scope of the "bytes" pragma, $x is treated as a series of bytes - the bytes that make up the UTF8 encoding - and "length $x" returns 2: $x = chr(400); print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 1" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 400" { use bytes; # or "require bytes; bytes::length()" print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 2" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 198.144" } chr(), ord(), substr(), index() and rindex() behave similarly. For more on the implications and differences between character semantics and byte semantics, see perluniintro and perlunicode. LIMITATIONS
bytes::substr() does not work as an lvalue(). SEE ALSO
perluniintro, perlunicode, utf8 perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 bytes(3pm)