Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Debian installer or how to preseed Post 303035799 by nodorgrom on Monday 3rd of June 2019 01:31:43 PM
Old 06-03-2019
I solved it. This was my mistake, I made kickstart file which contains preseed's rules with \ symbol and new rows were starting with no "preseed" keyword.
For example:
Code:
preseed partman/auto-raid... \
  multiraid :: \
  1 2 0 ...
but correct are:
preseed partman \ auto-raid \
preseed multiraid :: \

etc

Another way write it in one row

And now I still have understanding why installation was done as no RAID 1 but guided with 1th option, single partition on / with full free space

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ubuntu Preseed not found

Hello there! I am not certain that this is the proper place to post this, but I will try anyway. I am trying to install Ubuntu using a preseed on a USB thumb drive, and I am having problems. Hopefully someone here is able to help me. I have a file named 'preseed.cfg' in the root directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Curtor
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Script after Preseed Install

Hello there, If you don't want to here the long version, but still want to answer my question, please skip down to THE BOTTOM! You can probably tell what I want to do already from the title, so I'll sum up what I have already done real quick: First off, for those that don't know, a preseed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Curtor
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rpm,pkg and debian installer

Hi, Can someone explain what's the difference between rpm, pkg and debian installer and what is the advantage of one above the other? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Problem creating Desktop shortcuts through Debian dpkg installer scripts

Hi, I am creating a debian package (*.deb) for my application using the command I am using debian pre/post installer scripts to do certain tasks before/after installation/uninstallation. One such task is to create a shortcut on the user's desktop to launch my application. I am trying to do this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies
PARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PARTITION(8)

NAME
partition - make a partition table SYNOPSIS
partition [-mf] device [type:]size[+*] ... DESCRIPTION
Partition makes a partition table on device using the types and sizes given. It may be used in combination with repartition(8) for auto- matic installation of Minix. You may give up to four type:size[+*] specifications for the partitions. You may also specify holes before, between, and after the parti- tions. A hole differs from a partition specification by not having a type. The first hole is by default 1 sector to make space for the primary bootstrap and the partition table. The other holes are 0. The type field is the type of the partitition in hexadecimal. The size field is the partition's size in sectors. The + or * may option- ally be added to indicate that the partition must be expanded to contain any leftover space on the device or to mark the partition active. Partitions are padded out to cylinder boundaries, except for the first one, it starts on track 1. Some operating systems care about this. Minix and MS-DOS do not. OPTIONS
-m Minix only, no need to pad partitions. This is the default for subpartition tables. -f Force making a partition table even if the device is too small. EXAMPLE
partition /dev/hd0 01:16384 81:40000 81:2880* 06:20000+ Partitions disk 0 into an 8 Mb DOS partition, 20 Mb Minix /usr, 1.44 Mb Minix / (active), and a DOS partition of at least 10 Mb at the end of the disk. (06:0+ would have been ok too, it's just a sanity check.) SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8), repartition(8). AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) PARTITION(8)