Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Hide output of a certain file on print Post 303035766 by joonisio on Sunday 2nd of June 2019 11:14:23 AM
Old 06-02-2019
Thank you Sir!
Will have to study a lot more.
Have a magnificent day.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to hide output to screen

I have a script that askes users to enter in an oracle account and password, The information is displayed on the screen as they type it. Does anyone know how I can hide this output? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out a line from a output file

I am trying to have a script ping all the clients then output it to a file so I know which clients are off then have the next script pull the ones that are online and reboot them. This is what I am running with right now. If there is something KISS then by all means please let me know. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print permissions for a file in output

hi i m trying to print the permissions for a file in output echo name read name touch name.txt permission=$((ls -l $name.txt)) echo permission please suggest where i went wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print prstat -Z output into a file?

Hi Expert, I want to print CPU and Memory utilization into a text file. I am using "prstat -Z" to see the output on screen. When I run below command prstat -Z | grep httpd | awk '{print$3} '>> output.txt but it is not printing to file. Also I want to be below header on output PID USERNAME ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalit kumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a column with the name of the output file

I have n files and I am using cat to combine them in to one. Before that simply add the name of the output file to 4th column and then print the output. Is it possible ? input1 chr start end name 0 + key input2 chr start end name 0 + key inputn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide the output of spawn ssh user@server

Hi All, I have written one script, which is connecting 3 diffrent servers and executing script placed on those. It is smthing like: spawn ssh user@server1 expect "*? assword:" send "pw \r" expect "$" send " sh ./filename1 \r" expect "$" expect eof spawn ssh user@server2 expect "*?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

9. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the output with different file names

I have a python script that gives output called test.png. By using the following command I run the script every 2 seconds. What is the easiest way to save the output as follows ( test.png (1st output), tes1.png (second output), tes2.png ....) Command I i use while sleep 2; do python... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies
ID(1)								   User Commands							     ID(1)

NAME
id - print real and effective user and group IDs SYNOPSIS
id [OPTION]... [USER] DESCRIPTION
Print user and group information for the specified USER, or (when USER omitted) for the current user. -a ignore, for compatibility with other versions -Z, --context print only the security context of the current user -g, --group print only the effective group ID -G, --groups print all group IDs -n, --name print a name instead of a number, for -ugG -r, --real print the real ID instead of the effective ID, with -ugG -u, --user print only the effective user ID -z, --zero delimit entries with NUL characters, not whitespace; not permitted in default format --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Without any OPTION, print some useful set of identified information. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report id translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Arnold Robbins and David MacKenzie. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for id is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and id programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info coreutils 'id invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 ID(1)