Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplication | awk | result
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Duplication | awk | result Post 303035765 by RudiC on Sunday 2nd of June 2019 11:08:43 AM
Old 06-02-2019
Show the input to awk, i.e. the output of voronota get-balls-from-atoms-file --annotated for a certain .pdb file. Does it have the structure you gave in your input data samples?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

File Duplication

hi all how to find the file duplication in a windows 2000 server as usual replies are sincerely appreciated. thanks raguram R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount LVM duplication drives

Hi, I'm stuck in an awkward situation please help :) I have two identical Seagate 80GB harddrives. My objective is a bit strange. 1.I want to have a cloned disk as bootable backup 2.When booting using the master drive, I also want to mount the cloned backup disk so I can do incremental... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Duplication Script?

I have a file, let's say 1.jpg, and I have a text file that contains a list of filenames I would like to duplicate 1.jpg as (i.e., 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg, etc.). The filenames that I want to create are all on separate lines, one per line. I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I'm not claiming to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: futurestar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid duplication within 2 files?

Hi all, Actually 2 files are there - file1, file2. file1 contains ---> london mosco america russia mosco file2 contains --> europe india japan mosco england london Question is I want to print all the city names without duplication cities in those... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Descriptor redirection and duplication

i have many questions concerning the FD. it was stated that "to redirect Error to output std, you have to write the following code" # ls -alt FileNotThere File > logfile 2>&1 # cat logfile ls: cannot access FileNotThere: No such file or directory -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-02-26... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
9 Replies

7. Programming

Table Duplication in PHP

Hey, I am making a Facebook like Page system as my first project, So far it's been bate in mind I did it from my 3DS at the same time as my PC gets replaced, So far it's turned out great. Now I am on to creation the blocking system I need to get the code to say If the user already likes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
0 Replies

8. Linux

De-Duplication Problem

Hi all, I download and install lessfs for deduplication, I copy files in /SharedFiles directory and lessfs work right and not store again copy files, but, when i delete all files in /SharedFiles , not return free space to total space, files not show in /SharedFiles , but not copy new files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeedha
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Line duplication with awk?!

So while this seemed totally trivial it turned out to be much more difficult than I had thought. I have a file with 3 rows, and I "just" want to add each field n number of times. E.g. > cat file.txt 0.5 -0.1 0.6 for n=3 into: cat newfile.txt 0.5 0.5 0.5 -0.1 -0.1 -0.1 0.6 0.6 0.6 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glorp
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unexpected result from awk

Hello, Giving those commands: cat > myfile 1 2 3 ^D cat myfile | awk '{ s=s+$1 ; print s}' The output is: 1 3 6 It seems like this command iterates each time on a different row so $1 is the first field of each row.. But what caused it to refer to each row ?. What I mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniran
3 Replies
LATE(6)                                                            Games Manual                                                            LATE(6)

NAME
late - A simple game for one player. SYNOPSIS
late [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the late game. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in the GNU Info format; see below. OPTIONS
This program does not follow the usual GNU command line syntax, only long options starting with two dashes (`-') are supported. A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. --cheat Gives you infinite lives. Playing Your mouse is controls a sophisticated tool against evil: basically a fancy fancy tube. This is your weapon, a savage gillotine that cuts up wallpaper with not a shred of hesitation nor remorse. It has but one weakness, it can only withstand a few impacts with balls.... For- tunantly for you, the evil, heartless little balls also have a weakness, they can only travel across the original terrain and may be locked up tight by its removal. And lock them up tight you must, for the only way to exact vengance from these ricocheting feinds is to choke them out of existance. Your gillotine is sharp and quick, it may be shot out using the left button, and its orientation may be changed in ninety degree increments with the right, but once you fire, there is no way to stop its cutting and razing until it has made its cut, or been struck. The balls, in their spherical cunning have developed many tricks beyond just the contemptable bounce tactics of the simple fireball, there are balls made from goo that divide and disperse when hit and can reform in an effort to confuse their prey. There are unstable groups of three balls that will spontaniously explode when encapsulated tight enough. There are balls that will teleport for suprise tactics. And even cold blooded balls that will be towards the cutters whenever they are seen. You must fight these crewl balls, and you must prevail! WEBSITE
The game has a website accessible at http://late.sourceforge.net/ The programs are documented fully by The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar, available via the Info system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 9, 2003 LATE(6)