Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Duplication | awk | result
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Duplication | awk | result Post 303035763 by Aurimas on Sunday 2nd of June 2019 11:00:53 AM
Old 06-02-2019
Thank you, it works. However, the output now is 1 for all the cases, which is incorrect as I need to calculate AAA instances for 28 complexes (1st complex should give 8 as there are 8 times ALA is repeated (40 if we include that ALA is calculated 5 times with specific number (56 as was in our case)) , 2nd - 8 as well, 3rd - 8, 4th - 9 and so on) and it varies from 2 instances of ALA (10 times repeated (2 x 5)) and can get any value from 2 to 37 when AAA is chosen as ALA. Should I use cat $i | and some specification of grep before giving it to awk?
The output I get now is:
Quote:
How is it possible to solve that so I get:
Quote:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

File Duplication

hi all how to find the file duplication in a windows 2000 server as usual replies are sincerely appreciated. thanks raguram R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

awk to output cmd result

I was wondering if it was possible to tell awk to print the output of a command in the print. .... | awk '{print $0}' I would like it to print the date right before $0, so something like (this doesn't work though) .... | awk '{print date $0}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount LVM duplication drives

Hi, I'm stuck in an awkward situation please help :) I have two identical Seagate 80GB harddrives. My objective is a bit strange. 1.I want to have a cloned disk as bootable backup 2.When booting using the master drive, I also want to mount the cloned backup disk so I can do incremental... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Duplication Script?

I have a file, let's say 1.jpg, and I have a text file that contains a list of filenames I would like to duplicate 1.jpg as (i.e., 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg, etc.). The filenames that I want to create are all on separate lines, one per line. I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I'm not claiming to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: futurestar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid duplication within 2 files?

Hi all, Actually 2 files are there - file1, file2. file1 contains ---> london mosco america russia mosco file2 contains --> europe india japan mosco england london Question is I want to print all the city names without duplication cities in those... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Descriptor redirection and duplication

i have many questions concerning the FD. it was stated that "to redirect Error to output std, you have to write the following code" # ls -alt FileNotThere File > logfile 2>&1 # cat logfile ls: cannot access FileNotThere: No such file or directory -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-02-26... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
9 Replies

7. Programming

Table Duplication in PHP

Hey, I am making a Facebook like Page system as my first project, So far it's been bate in mind I did it from my 3DS at the same time as my PC gets replaced, So far it's turned out great. Now I am on to creation the blocking system I need to get the code to say If the user already likes the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
0 Replies

8. Linux

De-Duplication Problem

Hi all, I download and install lessfs for deduplication, I copy files in /SharedFiles directory and lessfs work right and not store again copy files, but, when i delete all files in /SharedFiles , not return free space to total space, files not show in /SharedFiles , but not copy new files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeedha
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Line duplication with awk?!

So while this seemed totally trivial it turned out to be much more difficult than I had thought. I have a file with 3 rows, and I "just" want to add each field n number of times. E.g. > cat file.txt 0.5 -0.1 0.6 for n=3 into: cat newfile.txt 0.5 0.5 0.5 -0.1 -0.1 -0.1 0.6 0.6 0.6 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glorp
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unexpected result from awk

Hello, Giving those commands: cat > myfile 1 2 3 ^D cat myfile | awk '{ s=s+$1 ; print s}' The output is: 1 3 6 It seems like this command iterates each time on a different row so $1 is the first field of each row.. But what caused it to refer to each row ?. What I mean... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uniran
3 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)